The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accommodation Forms

Hi, I am an overseas student and I just received my application forms for halls.....Finally.......... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Any idea where most postgraduate students choose to live? I am going to read MSc in the South Kensington campus but seems the 3 postgrad halls suggested by IC are all quite far from the campus (require taking the tube)..... :frown: :frown: .....Is it possible for postgrad students to apply for halls around the campus? (Seems to be most of those are for undergrads) Are we even applying with the same type of form as the undergrad students?
Reply 1
do u think 20 min is enough to walk 5 miles??
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
no
Reply 3
khng_philip
do u think 20 min is enough to walk 5 miles??
No. Walking speed is about 4mph, 5mph if you're going fast. Therefore it would take about 45-60 minutes to walk 5 miles.
Reply 4
edders
No. Walking speed is about 4mph, 5mph if you're going fast. Therefore it would take about 45-60 minutes to walk 5 miles.
I think we have proof that you shouldn't take a gap year if you're going to do physics!
Reply 5
(yay! finished my exams!! back to frequenting ukl :wink: )

oh.. how come i didnt get mine yet? has everybody get their accomodation forms? when did you get it?
Reply 6
I haven't received my accodation forms yet either.
I'm an international student, but I would think that I should have
received them by now.. Maybe I'll give them a call on Monday.
Reply 7
hmm.. if you are in finland and havent received it yet, then probably i'll get it way later...
Reply 8
hmm i sent in my accomodation form 3 days ago, but today i received a brand new student accomodation pack, complete with form, bookelet, resident photo card etc :confused:

some sort of clerical error somewhere....
Reply 9
Hi, I am an overseas student attending ICL for a MRes in Structural Bio. in Oct. I have very little info. to go by regarding housing, and was also wanting some input re. postgraduate accomodation. Proximity to campus and sports facilities would be nice. What is your take on Lillian Penson Hall vs. Clayponds or any other available postgraduate accommodation? Is the restaurant pretty decent at Lillian Penson Hall? I would appreciate your input.
Reply 10
Hey,

I'm an international student as well, starting undergraduate Biomed Eng this October.

Haven't received my housing forms yet, but I guess that is to be expected given that I just sent in my UCAS firm offer for Imperial last week. I presume all of you had sent in your decision before receiving the housing forms?

I have so many questions about the housing.. but no one to ask them to. I'm really confused about the Imperial housing and the Intercollegiate housing. When we apply, do we apply for a specific hall of residence, and can we apply for Intercollegiate housing straight away or do we have to choose an Imperial housing first?

Secondly, is there a deposit that international students have to send in?

Well, hope to see ya all later at Imperial!!

Boon
Reply 11
boonkoh
Hey,

I'm an international student as well, starting undergraduate Biomed Eng this October.

Haven't received my housing forms yet, but I guess that is to be expected given that I just sent in my UCAS firm offer for Imperial last week. I presume all of you had sent in your decision before receiving the housing forms?

I have so many questions about the housing.. but no one to ask them to. I'm really confused about the Imperial housing and the Intercollegiate housing. When we apply, do we apply for a specific hall of residence, and can we apply for Intercollegiate housing straight away or do we have to choose an Imperial housing first?

Secondly, is there a deposit that international students have to send in?

Well, hope to see ya all later at Imperial!!

Boon

Yeah, you have to make your ucas decision first..
Then you return your financial statement, after which you
get your accomodation forms in the post..
You cannot apply for a specific hall of residence.
Reply 12
This maybe a really dumb question but do I have to fill in all the Imperial accomadation forms they sent me even though Imperial is my insurance? :confused:
Reply 13
Kuz
This maybe a really dumb question but do I have to fill in all the Imperial accomadation forms they sent me even though Imperial is my insurance? :confused:

imo you might want to fill it in anyway. so just in case you don't make your first offer heaven forbid, you won't have to rush around trying to sort out accomodation for your insurance.

Latest

Trending

Trending