The Student Room Group

Can i still get mainly A*s?

Hey, well Im kind of screwed. For my mock exams I did quite badly (for my school) getting 5A's and 5B's which was expected considering all my exams were last minute revision (I had been recovering from an illness). Ive been procrastinating a lot this easter and haven't really properly started revision.

Do you think its still impossible for me to get lets say 6A*s and the rest As? Any revision tips?

p.s. I'm doing maths,english lang,english lit,biology,chemistry,physics,RS,Greek civilisation, History and French

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ibrahim24
Hey, well Im kind of screwed. For my mock exams I did quite badly (for my school) getting 5A's and 5B's which was expected considering all my exams were last minute revision (I had been recovering from an illness). Ive been procrastinating a lot this easter and haven't really properly started revision.

Do you think its still impossible for me to get lets say 6A*s and the rest As? Any revision tips?

p.s. I'm doing maths,english lang,english lit,biology,chemistry,physics,RS,Greek civilisation, History and French

Yes and start doing past papers!
Reply 2
Original post by kkboyk
Yes and start doing past papers!

do you mind me asking what you got:colondollar:
Reply 3
do you mind me asking what you got:colondollar:

I didn't even revise at all and done no past paper and managed to get 2A* and the rest B's. But all my friends whom got more than 7 A* put a lot of effort into doing past papers, watching YouTube tutorials and using a revision guide.
Reply 4
yes just revise properly for evrything
Reply 5

Obviously, mocks are pretty much irrelevant as far as im concerned......
Reply 6
Original post by allent
yes just revise properly for evrything

any specific revision techniques?
Reply 7
Original post by Shahid786
Obviously, mocks are pretty much irrelevant as far as im concerned......

what did you get :colondollar:
Reply 8
what did you get :colondollar:

I didnt do thme yet..
There's still a reasonable amount of time left to revise. Definitely don't do what I did and leave it till literally the last minute (night before the exam, or even morning before). Focus on the subjects you got Bs in. Just do all the past papers you can get your hands on and go over topics you got wrong! Good luck :smile:

anything is possible, cgp revision guides are good
Hey, yeah theres still time. But you literally need to start now. go through the syllabus (mainly works for science and maths) and once you feel you have that covered, start doing past papers. Do past papers, past papers, and past papers for everything! they will help so much. I started revising for my GCSEs during the start of easter hols, and that was more than enough time for me to get a good set of grades, so starting now should get you decent grades. At the end of the day, you really dont need a load of A*s for GCSE, all you need is to get sufficient grades for sixth form or wherever you're planning on going.
Reply 12
Original post by victoria98
There's still a reasonable amount of time left to revise. Definitely don't do what I did and leave it till literally the last minute (night before the exam, or even morning before). Focus on the subjects you got Bs in. Just do all the past papers you can get your hands on and go over topics you got wrong! Good luck :smile:

thank you!! what did you end up getting?
Reply 13
Original post by Heffalump .
Hey, yeah theres still time. But you literally need to start now. go through the syllabus (mainly works for science and maths) and once you feel you have that covered, start doing past papers. Do past papers, past papers, and past papers for everything! they will help so much. I started revising for my GCSEs during the start of easter hols, and that was more than enough time for me to get a good set of grades, so starting now should get you decent grades. At the end of the day, you really dont need a load of A*s for GCSE, all you need is to get sufficient grades for sixth form or wherever you're planning on going.

ok thanks...how many hours would you suggest a day and what did you get?:smile:
I did around 6 hours? but that was because I didnt pay attention to anything at all the whole year:') whatever you think is good enough for what you still need to learn etc, it's different for everyone, but I did around 6 hours a day. Like one of the people said earlier, CGP revision guides are so good for revision, I used them for my sciences and they really helped me. I got 9A*s and 1A
thank you!! what did you end up getting?

4A*s, 7As, 2Bs (in art and RE so didn't really matter haha). Not terrible, but definitely not amazing. I would've, obviously, liked more A*s, but clearly didn't work hard enough! I've been working a lot these Easter holidays though, so I'll hopefully get better AS results.. Anyway, once again good luck! I'm sure you can get what you want if you start working hard now! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by victoria98
4A*s, 7As, 2Bs (in art and RE so didn't really matter haha). Not terrible, but definitely not amazing. I would've, obviously, liked more A*s, but clearly didn't work hard enough! I've been working a lot these Easter holidays though, so I'll hopefully get better AS results.. Anyway, once again good luck! I'm sure you can get what you want if you start working hard now! :smile:

Thanks a lot and good luck for your A levels!:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Heffalump .
I did around 6 hours? but that was because I didnt pay attention to anything at all the whole year:') whatever you think is good enough for what you still need to learn etc, it's different for everyone, but I did around 6 hours a day. Like one of the people said earlier, CGP revision guides are so good for revision, I used them for my sciences and they really helped me. I got 9A*s and 1A

wow to be honest i self taught most of the syllabus because my teachers were terrible!! I'm just a bit worried because my mock results are no where near what i want
wow to be honest i self taught most of the syllabus because my teachers were terrible!! I'm just a bit worried because my mock results are no where near what i want

Yeah my teachers weren't great either, we had an art teacher teach us maths for the whole of yr 10 and 11 -.- My mock results were shocking: got an E in my english exams, Ds in my biology exams, and Ds in Ancient History and C/B in most other things, if I can bump those grades up, you can easily get better grades, you'll be fine dont stress! Just get working and plough through and you'll come out with straight As/A*s trust:smile:)

Yes there is definitely enough time! I did the complete wrong thing and revised the night before for every exam but somehow still managed to get decent grades; I do not recommend this however! The key is past papers :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest