The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sheffield, yes good for law. A good degree from Birmingham, Sheffield, Leeds, Leicester etc (in my opinion) are just as good as each other.
Reply 2
Dilly
could anyone plz tell me if sheffield uni is good for law? and if so how does it rate in comparison to uni's like birmingham?

Sheffield is at the very least on par with Birmingham. IMO, maybe ever so slightly better.
Reply 3
It's going into a spanky new building next year too I think, which is lucky because the Crookesmoor buidling is odd to say the least!
Crookesmoor is out on a limb and rather unimpressive to look at... Having said that, Sheffield University has a very good reputation witin the city and, so far as i am aware, beyond..
Reply 5
The building itself is a pain in my arse. You can't walk between places in a striaght line, it's cold, the glass walkway is just pointless and the narrow coridors get clogged up by undergrads gossiping about drunken fun.
Ethereal
It's going into a spanky new building next year too I think, which is lucky because the Crookesmoor buidling is odd to say the least!

It's not a new building as far as I'm aware... I think they're moving to the refurbished Jessop site. But still, it's much nicer than Crookesmoor that's for sure, and avoids the hill of death!
The hill of death... nice one.

As for the undergrads and the drunken fun, get yourself involved Eth! Plenty of vulnerable young girls going around sheffield i can imagine.
Dilly
could anyone plz tell me if sheffield uni is good for law? and if so how does it rate in comparison to uni's like birmingham?

damn gd redbrick- it is gd for law and loads of the top firms came to our law fair which was nice :smile:

i agree with crookesmoor building being a bit odd...but u get used to it! apart from conduit 'hill of death' rd-not fun to get to from broomhill for a 9am when uve only just rolled out of bed lol!
Lewisy-boy
The hill of death... nice one.

As for the undergrads and the drunken fun, get yourself involved Eth! Plenty of vulnerable young girls going around sheffield i can imagine.

I would make your post more clear Lewisy-boy as Eth-unreal is likely to interpret it as you saying that he can only score with vulnerable young girls. :p:
ha i actually laughed at that, nice one dillon. knew you would pounce on the chance to expose that particular lewisyboy quote lol.

hmm i like the sound of the new building. i may apply.
just had to go and see my Gran and exchange christmas presents, had an hour lecture about what those rough working lads from Sheffield messing up her house and swearing like troopers. Who do they think they arem effing and B'ing' this :wink: Quite amusing because my Gran is not really that posh herself to be honest, yer I will get killed if she reads this.
Threelions
ha i actually laughed at that, nice one dillon. knew you would pounce on the chance to expose that particular lewisyboy quote lol.

hmm i like the sound of the new building. i may apply.

*raises an eyebrow*
The new building sounds like a naff reason to apply to a university, are you sure you aren't attracted by the young and vulnerable girls?
nah i think i have more pulling power than lewisyboy. then again everyone does lol. *laughs*

plus, the law of attraction state that if you weren't attracted it would be well kinda: wrong.
Reply 14
LucyMP
It's not a new building as far as I'm aware... I think they're moving to the refurbished Jessop site. But still, it's much nicer than Crookesmoor that's for sure, and avoids the hill of death!

Ah. I don't reall know anything other than the law school and the students union as I'm only in Sheffield for this year.
Reply 15
superdillon
I would make your post more clear Lewisy-boy as Eth-unreal is likely to interpret it as you saying that he can only score with vulnerable young girls. :p:

:rolleyes: Grow up super, I'm not in the mood. The post you are having a dig about was ambiguous. Just because you interpreted it the way Lewis meant it doesn't mean everyone would.
Reply 16
LucyMP

nah its a new building, we were shown the spot where its gonna be on the department day lol!
Reply 17
thx for the info everyone even though i think we've gone slightly off topic!
the law department is good - its a department which gives you a lot of freedom, you can work as much, or as little as you want ... Sometimes I wished they were more strict - me and my friends all just slack off, and come exam time (aka now) we're in deep trouble ...
Reply 19
thePhantom
the law department is good - its a department which gives you a lot of freedom, you can work as much, or as little as you want ... Sometimes I wished they were more strict - me and my friends all just slack off, and come exam time (aka now) we're in deep trouble ...

Most universities will be the same. Part of getting a degree is having the ability to manage your own workload and do self-directed learning. It's not your tutors' job to hound you to work. You should be hounding yourself.

Latest

Trending

Trending