Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Ok, so this is mine, much like everyone else's:

C130 Cell Biology
Your application has been received by a College
A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details.

So... like everyone else is asking, will i now get an offer?? or is this just the aes messing up so that this happens to loads of people? what are the chances that I don't get an offer, now that it says that?

It would totally make my day if I got an offer from Durham, its my 1st choice.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 601
Probably a bit silly idea, but has anyone ever thought of asking the admissions office for a further explanation of the terms appearing in AES? :smile:
Reply 602
I've come to the conclusion that the AES is not at all that useful...I applied in September, and got a confirmation e-mail from the uni after 2 days - which wasn't updated on the AES for 3 weeks. Then by October my AES status read that my application had been received by the department. But in January I got an e-mail from the head of admissions for my subject explaining that they had in fact, NOT received my application, as it was still with central university admissions pending a review of my fees status...
Fed up with AES it has read:
•Your application has been received by the Department
•Your application has not yet been received by a College
since a week after I got my acknowledgement in September. Why is everyones different, its like they've specifically designed it to be as frustrating and unhelpful as possible. :frown:
Reply 604
Original post by Geostar17

Original post by Geostar17
Fed up with AES it has read:
•Your application has been received by the Department
•Your application has not yet been received by a College
since a week after I got my acknowledgement in September. Why is everyones different, its like they've specifically designed it to be as frustrating and unhelpful as possible. :frown:

AES is useless. Ignore it.
And all that means is that a decision hasn't yet been made.
i'm kinda anxious..and getting slightly irritated because my durham track says 'A decision has been made' but i still haven't received an email/letter from any college. The UCAS decision letter said that a college will contact me within three weeks and the three weeks have already passed..
is there a way to find out my college, other than wait till they decide to contact me?
do the colleges send a letter or an email? (because i'm an EU student, letters may take a while)
Reply 606
Original post by Andreascyp

i'm kinda anxious..and getting slightly irritated because my durham track says 'A decision has been made' but i still haven't received an email/letter from any college. The UCAS decision letter said that a college will contact me within three weeks and the three weeks have already passed..
is there a way to find out my college, other than wait till they decide to contact me?
do the colleges send a letter or an email? (because i'm an EU student, letters may take a while)

Check your UCAS offer, if there's a campus code then that will tell you the college.
If not I'm afraid I don't know, as this is the first year they've made department and college offers separately, but if it's more than the amount of time they said then you could ring.

However, if your UCAS says you have an offer, then you definitely have an offer, and since accommodation isn't dealt with until after people have their results, you have nothing to be anxious about.

Do you have an offer on UCAS? If you do then you are 100% guaranteed a place at Durham. :smile:

It can take more than 3 weeks if your original college was full, as it can take a few days for your form to arrive at your 1st choice college, a few days for them to process it, then send it back to the central admissions team who pick a 2nd college for you, then your 2nd college receives the form... then they post out the welcome pack!

Just be patient, you've definitely got an offer so it's all good. :smile:
Does the college make you move your stuff out during break? If so, what do people do with their stuff?
Original post by adam0311
Does the college make you move your stuff out during break? If so, what do people do with their stuff?

From 2011, you'll have to get a September to June let, so you can leave everything in your room in both the Christmas and Easter holidays.
Original post by angelmxxx
From 2011, you'll have to get a September to June let, so you can leave everything in your room in both the Christmas and Easter holidays.

Thanks! No idea, why I put this in the track status thread...meant to put it in ask a current student--my bad.

Is this standard across all colleges?
Original post by adam0311
Thanks! No idea, why I put this in the track status thread...meant to put it in ask a current student--my bad.

Is this standard across all colleges?

From this October, yes.
hi everybody,

today i got an conditional offer for the MSc Accounting and Finance programme which makes me really glad. Conditions are to complete my bachelor's degree with a 2.4 GPA at least and to achieve an 92 ibt Toefl score.

should be quiet achievable :smile:

But I wonder when i have to meet these conditions?

My conditional offer expires within 6 weeks and within this time I dont get the chance to pass the toefl test...:confused:
Hello! :smile:

I got a conditional offer for Combined Honours in Arts and English, which I have met at the two colleges I applied to. However, my friends have received news about their college allocation but I have yet to hear back from the colleges about my application or anything remotely related.

I applied in September 2011, got offers in December 2011 and met them in March this year!

So I was wondering what I should do right now cos I'm quite lost :frown: If anyone can give any suggestions/help, it'd be much appreciated!! ^^
Reply 614
Original post by finaljoyride
Hello! :smile:

I got a conditional offer for Combined Honours in Arts and English, which I have met at the two colleges I applied to. However, my friends have received news about their college allocation but I have yet to hear back from the colleges about my application or anything remotely related.

I applied in September 2011, got offers in December 2011 and met them in March this year!

So I was wondering what I should do right now cos I'm quite lost :frown: If anyone can give any suggestions/help, it'd be much appreciated!! ^^

check your offer on UCAS, it probably says that you should meet the conditions of your offer by August. so the uni probably isn't going to send you anything. they won't get your results from exams done in january - they'll only get results from june. so if you want you can send an email to either the admissions tutor at your courses or the admissions tutor at your college, and tell them you've already met your offer. they then will either tell you to wait until august when they'll get your results, or they'll ask you to send evidence of your results (your certificates, no copies). if you've not got your certificates yet, wait until you have because otherwise you've got no evidence of your results. they might accept the 'statement of results', but they might not.

if you sort that out now, they'll make your offer unconditional. but like i said, they've not got your results so as far as they're concerned you're still not confirmed until august.
Closing and unstickying this thread, as it's not used any more, and isn't needed any more due to Durham Track/the Applicant Enquiry Service no longer being in use.

Latest