The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Supplies????

I know it's really early to start shopping for this sort of thing, but I'm one of those people that needs to be organised or will physically feel ill. So basically what I want to know is what I will actually need? Can I just use notebooks or does it need to be just paper? Should I bring my laptop? I'm going to Peter Symonds by the way! Thank you in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It really depends on your subjects for instance, if they are all essay based then you will need notepads and a laptop as well as a set of colourful pens, if its maths then you will need the usual GCSE maths equipment if not more.
- paper
- more paper
- seriously, a lot of paper

You can take notebooks, most people use refill pads and ring binders to organise it to subject. I used canvas bag folders, plus a5 notebooks and a folder per exam for the sciences.

What subjects are you doing?
Lots of paper! I had a notebook and a refil pad for each subject
Simple stuff pens pencils etc
Colours! Highlighters

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thanks for your help. I know exactly what to buy now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi, I know this is a little off-topic -- I'm glad you found what you were looking for within this post (and I'll bare this in mind for when I start!). I was just curious about the college itself, as decision making between Peter Symonds and Brockenhurst is tough. I am aware that Peter Symonds has better grade results but I have only been able to visit Brock for a taster day and I am unaware of the teaching style at Peter Symonds.
If it's not too much trouble I'd just like to ask about how you're finding Peter Symonds and whether you have had much support with misunderstanding information within class, etc.
I'm looking into taking Maths, Physics, Business and another subject currently undecided. If you have matched any of my subjects then maybe you could give me some feedback on how you have found the classes?
Cheers, Theo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending