The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Any DMU freshers want to become friends?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by heyoka
naa it wasnt DMU it was Manchester met, that wasnt fun times. i hope you get the one you want, i just read your post from a couple days ago so i understand your situation alittle more now, £92 pound a week is pretty good for ensuite :O

Ahhh, I applied for Manchester Met but didn't choose it as a firm or insurance. Yeah, it's a pretty good deal, but the one I *really* want is a studio apartment for £105/week which blew my mind when I first saw the price, lol. Oh well, hopefully my older roommates won't pick on me and steal my lunch money. :tongue:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Cobs
Ahhh, I applied for Manchester Met but didn't choose it as a firm or insurance. Yeah, it's a pretty good deal, but the one I *really* want is a studio apartment for £105/week which blew my mind when I first saw the price, lol. Oh well, hopefully my older roommates won't pick on me and steal my lunch money. :tongue:

ahahaha XD im sure it'll be fine, the upper years are suposed to be calmer since there freshers is over just find a friends floor to crash on every now and then or wiggle your way into some house parties, thats if you wana go haha £105 is still good for a studio most studio's are £130, the man met games courses are good the first year just isnt relevant for both games courses
Reply 22
Original post by heyoka
nope just showed up, some of the other people there had previously done other martial arts tho so when we had to go 1 vs 1 id get beaten straight away haha, there was one girl in particular that would just throw me over her shoulder with ease

sounds fun, in a strange way, could at least something to talk about.
Heey!:smile: I will be studying Psychology, staying in Bede Halls :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by obrowniie
Heey!:smile: I will be studying Psychology, staying in Bede Halls :biggrin:

Hello! one of my flat mates is also doing psychology, so where are you from how are you feeling about moving in? ah when do bede move in? mines the 25th
Original post by heyoka
Hello! one of my flat mates is also doing psychology, so where are you from how are you feeling about moving in? ah when do bede move in? mines the 25th

Your flat mate has a good taste in course:biggrin: I'm rather excited I must admit, can't wait till i'm there! how about you? I also move in on the 25th :smile:
Reply 26
Your flat mate has a good taste in course:biggrin: I'm rather excited I must admit, can't wait till i'm there! how about you? I also move in on the 25th :smile:

haha yes she does XD i also cant wait still abit scared tho, i mean i still cant cook like i can only make one dish even tho my parents don't cook for me, ah so bede move in on the same day you going to any of the give it a go activities? :biggrin:
Original post by heyoka
haha yes she does XD i also cant wait still abit scared tho, i mean i still cant cook like i can only make one dish even tho my parents don't cook for me, ah so bede move in on the same day you going to any of the give it a go activities? :biggrin:

Ahaha I see, and what dish is that? :biggrin: I can cook the basics so I hope that i'll be fine! Hmm I'm not quite sure, I was considering it! Are you?
Reply 28
Ahaha I see, and what dish is that? :biggrin: I can cook the basics so I hope that i'll be fine! Hmm I'm not quite sure, I was considering it! Are you?

tuna with pasta and cheese pft :colondollar: i wanted to go to the draton manor one but i dunno if i should a theme park always seems like a good way to make friends
Reply 29
Animation? Cool.

I'll be doing Film Studies, and will also be in Filbert Village - though in Block E
Original post by heyoka
tuna with pasta and cheese pft :colondollar: i wanted to go to the draton manor one but i dunno if i should a theme park always seems like a good way to make friends

Simple but effective. I like it! :biggrin: Although I'm not a fan of tuna unfortunately :frown: Yeah that was the one I was considering! Indeed, a theme park does seem like a good place to start :smile:
Reply 31
Simple but effective. I like it! :biggrin: Although I'm not a fan of tuna unfortunately :frown: Yeah that was the one I was considering! Indeed, a theme park does seem like a good place to start :smile:

yeah i might do the theme park then haha i was worried about it, but i could always just speak to people on the coach, seems scary tho but gotta do something. i chose tuna cause i dont have to cook it i cant seem to use a oven stove toaster or microwave all that well, what societies are you thinking of joining?
Reply 32
Original post by LBlm897
Animation? Cool.

I'll be doing Film Studies, and will also be in Filbert Village - though in Block E

hello! my other roommate is doing film studies, i cant seem to find many people on my course, the people i have found i haven't really spoken to yet whoops XD I was gonna go for E block but it cost a tenner more and im too cheap lol so where are you from north, South? interested in any of the societies or sports?
Reply 33
Original post by heyoka
hello! my other roommate is doing film studies, i cant seem to find many people on my course, the people i have found i haven't really spoken to yet whoops XD I was gonna go for E block but it cost a tenner more and im too cheap lol so where are you from north, South? interested in any of the societies or sports?

From the next county up: Lincolnshire. Didn't know about the price difference - booking was a mad rush for me after results day, and De Montfort was my 2nd choice. So I just picked one at random. As for societies, I've not actually done much research as to what ones there are.
Reply 34
Original post by LBlm897
From the next county up: Lincolnshire. Didn't know about the price difference - booking was a mad rush for me after results day, and De Montfort was my 2nd choice. So I just picked one at random. As for societies, I've not actually done much research as to what ones there are.

when i booked there was a price difference between block D and E i assumed it was cause the E block got done up or something, if it changed then i missed out tho ive found more D block than any others, ah it was your second choice what was the first?
Reply 35
Original post by heyoka
when i booked there was a price difference between block D and E i assumed it was cause the E block got done up or something, if it changed then i missed out tho ive found more D block than any others, ah it was your second choice what was the first?

University of Lincoln. In terms of accessibility it was superior, as it meant I could travel home everyday - so living costs would be down. Plus I know Lincoln really well. But in terms of course content, I think De Montfort actually wins that round.
I won't be a DMU Fresher but I'm a Leicester lad 8)
Original post by heyoka
yeah i might do the theme park then haha i was worried about it, but i could always just speak to people on the coach, seems scary tho but gotta do something. i chose tuna cause i dont have to cook it i cant seem to use a oven stove toaster or microwave all that well, what societies are you thinking of joining?

I'm sure you'll learn once you start University Life :biggrin: I'm thinking of joining The Psychology, League, and Sky Diving society!:smile: Maybe the Theatre one also :redface: What about you?
Original post by ILovePeaches
hey guys,
does anyone know when get date and times to move into our rooms in halls and how do we get the keys to our rooms
thank you

Hello! When I applied for my accommodation they stated the moving date was the 25th September. I assume we can check in on the day and receive the keys :smile:
im a fresher, well im transferring from nottinghma trent but im redoing my first year,, dont mind making new friends..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending