The Student Room Group

jobs at investment banking

hey guys, am a third year student with an internship at pwc. i want to work in an investment bank but am confused about picking one.
Anyone has an idea on how well these banks operate and what would be the most suited option for a fresh graduate; JP morgan, goldman sachs, deutsche bank,,Morgan Stanley or citi bank.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mazino94
hey guys, am a third year student with an internship of pwc under my belt. i want to work in an investment bank but am confused about picking one.
Anyone has an idea on how well these banks operate and what would be the most suited option for a fresh graduate; JP morgan, goldman sachs, deutsche bank,,Morgan Stanley or citi bank.

In terms of banks they all offer the same graduate programmes, where you do your analyst stint for 2/3 years continue as a associate or find a exit opportunity at a PE firm or a hedge fund.

Since you're a third year with an internship you have two options, find banks what accept final year students for their internship programmes or apply directly to graduate entry roles. You should not be in the position to be confused about picking one as acceptance rates at most bulge bracket investment banks lies between 0.5-4% of actually getting in, so you maximise your chances by applying everywhere.

Which division are you applying for?
It's amazing how you can have such sub-par English skills yet be looking at jobs in investment banking...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
pardon me on my grammar been stressed with school work. looking at business analyst role. i know i need to have CFA and ACCA qualifications..
Reply 4
Original post by Underscore__
It's amazing how you can have such sub-par English skills yet be looking at jobs in investment banking...

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you can profit the bank, they don't give two s**** about whether or not you sound like Shakespeare.
Original post by gwagon
If you can profit the bank, they don't give two s**** about whether or not you sound like Shakespeare.

They would care if you sounded like a chav, you're a representative of their bank

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Underscore__
They would care if you sounded like a chav, you're a representative of their bank

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right, but OP doesn't sound like one, 'init fam'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending