The Student Room Group

Mixed Race(Black+White) guys

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Ok.Now cool down bro.

you shouldn't need confirmation from people. if you like someone flirt with them. you never know what can happen. it's better to try then ask random people who have different preferences.
not every race/person has the same preference
you shouldn't need confirmation from people. if you like someone flirt with them. you never know what can happen. it's better to try then ask random people who have different preferences.
not every race/person has the same preference

How do I flirt as a shy person? :frown:
You're right. Well, how do I hint this guy that I like him considering that I'm a shy lady myslef? :frown:

Do you talk to this guy? Have you even spoken to him? Try to start a conversation be friendly and smile that will get his attention.
Original post by iamthetruth
Do you talk to this guy? Have you even spoken to him? Try to start a conversation be friendly and smile that will get his attention.

He's my flatmate. The other day, I was entering my flat and he was going in his room and there was a great difference between his room and the entrance where I was. He came back from his room and asked me my name with a smile on his face. I asked about his name but the convo didn't last more than that as another flatemate came and I was way too shy.

Before this, we saw each other several time and said Hi to each other and smile. Today, I saw him again but we just said hi. I wanted talk but just couldn't. :frown:
He's my flatmate. The other day, I was entering my flat and he was going in his room and there was a great difference between his room and the entrance where I was. He came back from his room and asked me my name with a smile on his face. I asked about his name but the convo didn't last more than that as another flatemate came and I was way too shy.

Before this, we saw each other several time and said Hi to each other and smile. Today, I saw him again but we just said hi. I wanted talk but just couldn't. :frown:

If he's your flatmate and hasn't spoken to you then he probably doesn't like you like that unless he's shy also. I think you will just have to talk to him and if he doesn't like you so what it's only one person.
Reply 45
Bump

did you know theres a difference between someone with a black mother and white father as opposed to a white mother and a black father?
If he's your flatmate and hasn't spoken to you then he probably doesn't like you like that unless he's shy also. I think you will just have to talk to him and if he doesn't like you so what it's only one person.

Yeah you're right. I don't know. He did try to start the convo by asking my name etc but I guess that was just him being polite lol. I can say this because this other guy at my flat that I know likes me would always try to hold a long convo lol. This guy is either not interested in me in that way or he is shy or perhaps he just doesn't know to approach a Muslim girl. Perhaps, he finds it awkward. I don't know :/
Original post by Kassadin
did you know theres a difference between someone with a black mother and white father as opposed to a white mother and a black father?

Really? I don't know. what's the difference?
Reply 48
Really? I don't know. what's the difference?

Well Generally, the scientific argument goes that that a black father and white mother will produce the ideal male offspring due to inheritance of muscle and bone density, however a black mother and white father will produce an ideal female offspring, who inherit the best attributes for hair, skin and other aesthetic stuff.

Of course, these inherited traits aren't guaranteed with these circumstances, in the above paragraph, there is a 75% certainty of inheriting said traits, and also bear in mind: there are a LOT of traits to be inherited, I'm talking thousands if not millions so take this data with a grain of salt and know it is not always applicable.
Yeah you're right. I don't know. He did try to start the convo by asking my name etc but I guess that was just him being polite lol. I can say this because this other guy at my flat that I know likes me would always try to hold a long convo lol. This guy is either not interested in me in that way or he is shy or perhaps he just doesn't know to approach a Muslim girl. Perhaps, he finds it awkward. I don't know :/

So you have another guy that likes you what's wrong with him? Honestly you should just confess your feelings towards him even if you are shy you have to get over it or just forget about it.
So you have another guy that likes you what's wrong with him? Honestly you should just confess your feelings towards him even if you are shy you have to get over it or just forget about it.

Basically a flatmate of mine likes me but I only see him as a friend. I don't think the guy I like know that the other guy likes me although they are friends. But the guy that I like..I've no idea if he even thinks of me or not. I would never confess my feelings lol. I guess as the time will pass, i'll just get over it.
Well Generally, the scientific argument goes that that a black father and white mother will produce the ideal male offspring due to inheritance of muscle and bone density, however a black mother and white father will produce an ideal female offspring, who inherit the best attributes for hair, skin and other aesthetic stuff.

Of course, these inherited traits aren't guaranteed with these circumstances, in the above paragraph, there is a 75% certainty of inheriting said traits, and also bear in mind: there are a LOT of traits to be inherited, I'm talking thousands if not millions so take this data with a grain of salt and know it is not always applicable.

Ahan. Hey thanks fir the info :smile:
Basically a flatmate of mine likes me but I only see him as a friend. I don't think the guy I like know that the other guy likes me although they are friends. But the guy that I like..I've no idea if he even thinks of me or not. I would never confess my feelings lol. I guess as the time will pass, i'll just get over it.

What about him do you like exactly?
What about him do you like exactly?

Since I don't him as a person, I wouldn't his personality attracted me. I've never found mixed black and white guys attractive but he seems so cute. He's tall and just attractive. I love his hair. They look so different yet nice. He's so polite. He seems like a nice guy. Perhaps, even a shy guy. Basically, I like his appearance. The first time I saw him, I fell for his looks. He's not specifically handsome but something about him attracts me. Perhaps, he gives me a very gentlmanly vibe. The first time I saw him, I never felt awkward or uncomfortable as one may feel after seeing a stranger. He just gives positive vibe.
Although, the first time I saw him, i found him cute but I never really thought I'd end up liking him this much as I thought he won't even notice me. However, when he asked me 'Sorry what's your name?' out of politeness, I was so shocked. I knew he is a polite guy but because I liked him form day one and he even bothered asking me my name, it got me more interested in him :frown: This is so bad because I really don't know whether he even thinks of me.
Reply 55

Spreading complete misinformation. Any child of any race or sex inherits 50% of chromosomal DNA randomly from each parent. Therefore whether it is a white mother and black father or a black mother and white father makes no difference to inheritance of physical characteristics. The only thing that may make a difference is the mitochondrial DNA, which is always inherited from the mother, and accounts somewhat for metabolism.
Reply 56
Wow. I've seen South Asian women with Black or White guys. However, never came across mixed guy and South asian lady.

Well, I don't think he likes me. Its more of 'I like him' :biggrin: Saw him today but just said 'Hi'. I wanted to carry a convo but it just wouldn't happen as I'm a bit shy. So annoying tho. :frown:

Well there are a lot less black/white mixed men than black men and white men. And there are less mixed men than South Asian women so you will not see it very often, and also due to cultural boundaries. If you think about it black/white men are more likely to be open to interracial dating, being the product of it themselves. It is South Asian women who are more likely to have cultural boundaries imposed on them and therefore less likely to start such a union.

Just talk to him like any other guy, his race makes no difference he is still human and can hold a conversation like any other guy.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 57

Hold on a minute he is your flatmate? I would slow down a minute and really be mature about this and consider the consequences of going for your flatmate, as things can get very messy and complicated. It is hard to get to know each other romantically speaking if you are always in each other's quarters so early on, not to mention suffocating. Also if you guys split up, or you see him with other girls in your own house it could really end up hurting you. My advice is really to get out there and meet other guys to take your mind off him.

I don't think the differences of race are of concern here it is the fact that you live together that you should be worried about!
Mate. People's obsession with race on this forum is obscene. Most people in 2015 don't go "Oh no, she's Pakistani so she's unattractive." Is she pretty? Cool. Is she not? Oh well. Like, I understand preference is a thing but holy Jesus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jazjaz
Hold on a minute he is your flatmate? I would slow down a minute and really be mature about this and consider the consequences of going for your flatmate, as things can get very messy and complicated. It is hard to get to know each other romantically speaking if you are always in each other's quarters so early on, not to mention suffocating. Also if you guys split up, or you see him with other girls in your own house it could really end up hurting you. My advice is really to get out there and meet other guys to take your mind off him.

I don't think the differences of race are of concern here it is the fact that you live together that you should be worried about!

Thanks for your advice. But hey I don't even think we'll end up in a relationship as I've no idea what he thinks about me. Haha its getting better now in terms of communicating, We had a small convo today just about our courses. He initiated it. Again, he was being polite.

Anyway, I don't see exactly how living on the same flat can cause issues. It just mean you'll spend more time together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending