The Student Room Group
University of York
York

What should i do?

I applied at the begining of October and York has not yet replied to me about my application. I want to do English and Related Literature and York is the only place that I want to be. I am thinking of calling them and asking them about the progess of my application but im scared they will say that ive been rejected. are york quite kind when it comes to things like this and are they likely to change their mind if they do reject me and i tell them how much i want to come
?
Reply 1
I'd wait until they let you know their decision and if in the worst case they reject you, then you have nothing to lose at all by telling them how much you want to go to york, do you?

Good Luck!
University of York
York
Reply 2
I got my offer for Englishlit/ Linguistics on the 18th so..I think it's just a York thing to be late :smile: don't take this the wrong way but I wouldn't suggest saying that 'York is the only place I want to study' because it might show you have more passion about York than you do about your chosen subject. Just my opinion!
Good luck, hope you hear soon
Reply 3
York is notorious for it's late decisions, especially for arts subjects, especially for English I believe.
The best thing to do is decide on two sets on Firm/Insurance, one if you get into York, one if you don't and just keep an eye on the reply deadline; as long as they've got back to you before then, although frustrating, they've got every right to keep you waiting.

Perhaps ask in English, make sure it's not just you that doesn't have a reply?
Reply 4
well i found out this morning i got rejected. im going to call on monday but i just feel awful now i waited five months for them to get back to meand with my other rejections i just thought ok well as long as i get into york...

do you think it will make a difference if i call? are they likely to change their mind?
Reply 5
Perhaps you could ask to be reconsidered but for a different course? I know some unis do that but i don't know about york. However if you care more about the course than the place you will be living then this isn't a good idea.
Good luck.
Reply 6
I was rejected too. Very disappointing, don't really know what to do now.
Reply 7
ps. if you do decide to give them a call can you let us know what they said and how it went. which unis do you have offers for now?
Well, just to throw this out there, I'm still waiting!
Reply 9
i called them up 2 days after i got rejected and now a week later i have an offer for linguistics and literature.. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Random update: offer for Politics and IR :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending