The Student Room Group

No reply from boss regarding the fact I quit

Handed in my notice Saturday via email. Wasn't the ideal option but don't actually see my actual manager at work. Nor do I have contact numbers.

I have to provides a weeks notice, so worked Sunday. The people in on Sunday's are only Sales Assistant, and Duty Manager, so I didn't mention the fact I was quitting as it would have just been gossiped about seeing as none of them are higher enough in role to officially register my notice.

I still have no reply from manager, recognising the fact I have resigned. I am worried that my next shift, Saturday, is going to be understaffed as this rate as my manager evidently from past experience never checks his emails.

But I'm correct in the fact that my notice period begins from when I sent the email, not when manager reads email?
It is better to do in person even if thats just dropping a note on his desk but yes you're correct. The notice period begins when you quit not when he checks his email. If he contacts you on Saturday just say you quit and handed your notice in over a week ago
Reply 2
Maybe ask someone you work with for a contact number? They may be too busy to read emails and it is a little impersonal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending