The Student Room Group

Most elitist secondary school in the world...

I had a discussion with mates from secondary school regarding which high school should be considered the most elitist/exclusive/expensive in the world. According to my friend who grew up in Geneva, London and Copenhagen le Rosey in Switzerland is that school. I’d never heard of it the only secondary schools outside of Scandinavia I’ve heard of are those in the Eton group and some of the prep schools in Connecticut. But do you think it is fair to say that le Rosey is ‘better’ (in terms of academics and network) than Harrow, St. Paul’s, Eton, etc.?

I went to a ‘mixed’ ‘day’ school north of Copenhagen, which is popular with the royal family in my own country. I had a great time in high school as there were lots of girls to catch up with and the popular restaurants and clubs were only a 10-min. taxi-ride away (particularly relevant after school events Friday night!), but am I right in assuming that this kind of lifestyle doesn’t apply to most students at the famous (boys-only :confused: ) boarding schools in UK and continental Europe?

Scroll to see replies

I'd say Eton - or at least it was historically the most elitist in the UK (I think). Eton scholars used to have exclusive entry into King's College, Cambridge.
Eton, they made few pupils prime ministers.
Reply 3
Being English, I only really know about the English ones such as Eton, Harrow, and St Paul’s… in terms of those, I’d have to say Eton.
Reply 4
Eton by far the most elitist school in Britain and probably the world.
Reply 5
What do you mean by elitist?

If you've got enough money and your kids clever I see no reason why your name has to being with Lord/Baron to gain entry to Eton, Harrow etc.
Hafzal
What do you mean by elitist?

If you've got enough money and your kids clever I see no reason why your name has to being with Lord/Baron to gain entry to Eton, Harrow etc.

You don't even need to be clever if you've got the money :rolleyes: I mean, look at the Royal Family! But anyway, I'd have to say Eton for Britain as well, don't know about any other countries.
Reply 7
hmm, hackney community college? lol
Eton-definately :tongue:
They even have different names for things for gods sake!

Really though, you should see the kids going there...and their familys.
Reply 9
Christian87
I had a discussion with mates from secondary school regarding which high school should be considered the most elitist/exclusive/expensive in the world. According to my friend who grew up in Geneva, London and Copenhagen le Rosey in Switzerland is that school. I’d never heard of it the only secondary schools outside of Scandinavia I’ve heard of are those in the Eton group and some of the prep schools in Connecticut. But do you think it is fair to say that le Rosey is ‘better’ (in terms of academics and network) than Harrow, St. Paul’s, Eton, etc.?

I went to a ‘mixed’ ‘day’ school north of Copenhagen, which is popular with the royal family in my own country. I had a great time in high school as there were lots of girls to catch up with and the popular restaurants and clubs were only a 10-min. taxi-ride away (particularly relevant after school events Friday night!), but am I right in assuming that this kind of lifestyle doesn’t apply to most students at the famous (boys-only :confused: ) boarding schools in UK and continental Europe?

if u go an english boarding school, u r not allowed to go clubbing and the elitist ones u r nt allowed to go out after 8 or drink alcohol, but loads sneak out or drink in their rooms secretly.lol.
Reply 10
Eton
Reply 11
Judging from this and looking at their campus I would say internationally le Rosey is the most elitist!
Eton

Harrow

Westminster, Charterhouse, St Pauls, Merchant Taylors , Rugby there's another one . . can't think of it . . Winchester . . ,perhaps Fetters(?) I only say that cos TB went there . . to name but a few
If i hadnt given my rep out already i would +rep you for having such a quirky name.
Reply 14
Judging from this and looking at their campus I would say internationally le Rosey is the most elitist!

Is it just me that has a part that feels incredably jelous when they see that's what some people have as a school when you think of your own?

Snot fair.
kclawyer

*whistles* Now that really does not look like a school!
In this country I would say Eton but don't know about the others. Le Rosey is just :eek: Heh, I'll always be proud of my average comprehensive! :p:
Reply 17
Le Rosey Website

1 open-air theatre

1 circus tent

1 shooting range

1 archery range

Haha.
Reply 18
Eton
Phillips Academy Andover

(wiki it - Eton may have made Prime Ministers, but this place trains leaders of the free world :wink: )

Latest

Trending

Trending