The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by TLS1234
They're doing an open day with a guided tour and a discussion on the 18th January, if you got an offer they should have sent an email saying "as you are aware from the UCAS website we have made you an offer....... we would like to invite you to.....". I would say double check your emails and if you still havent got anything then email or ring them to let them know :smile:

thanks you :smile:
Original post by hannanxoxo
Oh LOL, how is it at Hertfordshire? Are you in first year? What's the timetable like? I really did like hertfordshire on the interview day, its pretty.

It's pretty good actually, I'm in second year currently so the course is quite intense, with regular practical assessments and exams in both semesters. The timetable was about 3 days a week in first year,occasionally 4. And yeah the uni is quite large and has lots of facilities, and it's quite diverse too.
[QUOTE="TLS1234;69266876"]
Original post by ItsRoger
I'm studying Biology, Chemistry and Economics and got ACD at AS in them respectively. Looking to study at The University of Manchester :biggrin:[/QU
Although they are good grades, you will probably need atleast AAB to get an offer/interview for Manchester, i applied this year and got declined after a week because my predictions were lower than AAB (mine were BBB)

Got the offer at Manchester :biggrin: :biggrin:
[QUOTE="ItsRoger;69429778"]
Original post by TLS1234

Got the offer at Manchester :biggrin: :biggrin:

well done!!
Original post by liverpool786110
Do any of you guys work in opticians part time?

me
Original post by anon.sk
Anyone firming City?

me
Original post by jmartinzahid
me

I've worked in busy multiple for two and a half years dispensing glasses
Reply 387
Which one is better to firm Cardiff or Aston?(Have not got an offer from Aston yet but hoping so).
ive been predicted abb but im quite scared i wont get those grades this year but i don't know which uni is more relaxed when it comes to grades :/
Original post by jr2408
Which one is better to firm Cardiff or Aston?(Have not got an offer from Aston yet but hoping so).
ive been predicted abb but im quite scared i wont get those grades this year but i don't know which uni is more relaxed when it comes to grades :/

Depends on your preferences really. They both have very strong Optometry departments in terms of pass rates, reputation and links to the optical industry.
The better one to firm would be down to you. If you'd prefer to attend a one campus unviersity with a small, community feel then maybe Aston is for you. But if think you'd prefer a university spread around a large but great city then Cardiff would be a good option.
Original post by jr2408

Unless you do 3 sciences, both will offer AAA, however at Cardiff's open day they showed a chart of students they let in last year and their grades and the majority of those had BBB or near that, however Aston didn't say anything about it at their open day. :smile:
Has anyone got an interview at Aston? 23rd Jan?
Any advice from those who have already had their Aston interview?
Anyone got a reply from Portsmouth ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mrnazz00923
Anyone got a reply from Portsmouth ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got an interview on the 1st march
Original post by Lilyd123
I'd say prepare as much as you feel you need to and what makes you feel comfortably prepared! Familiarise yourself with typical uni interview questions and then when you're there I'd just say try to just be yourself too :smile:

what sort of questions did they ask you? and how did the group task go? im so nervous!
Anyone heard from Plymouth? They seem to be taking a lot longer relative to the other unis!
Did you attend an open day? Do you mind saying your predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thefailurelife
what sort of questions did they ask you? and how did the group task go? im so nervous!

The group task was to organise an event, they're just looking at your communication with each other and how you interact with each other. The questions are your typical ones for an interview wanting to find out a little about your reasons for wanting to do the course at the uni! Obviously its normal to be nervous but all you have to do is be yourself, that seemed to be what they wanted to see the most. It was very informal, good luck :smile:
Original post by Lilyd123
The group task was to organise an event, they're just looking at your communication with each other and how you interact with each other. The questions are your typical ones for an interview wanting to find out a little about your reasons for wanting to do the course at the uni! Obviously its normal to be nervous but all you have to do is be yourself, that seemed to be what they wanted to see the most. It was very informal, good luck :smile:

What were most people there wearing? It's obivously made out to be informal, so don't know whether a shirt and tie would be considered suitable?
Original post by TheWelshDragon
Anyone heard from Plymouth? They seem to be taking a lot longer relative to the other unis!

Yeah I got an offer from Plymouth within two weeks of sending my application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest