The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Ahh yes, I can't remember what it was but yeah I remember it, was a bit tricky!
Reply 41
Yeah, I'm not sure I got it right :s-smilie:
Argh! the graph question! Did you put x^2 +3 for the first one and -3x^2 for the second?
Reply 42
I put x^2 + 3 for the first yes, cant remember what I put for the second, but I think it was that..
Reply 43
Katiepala
Yeah, I'm not sure I got it right :s-smilie:
Argh! the graph question! Did you put x^2 +3 for the first one and -3x^2 for the second?

Yes :biggrin:
Reply 44
didn't know how to do the last question. It was the question about the telephone mast.

Oh well. The first half was easy but the second half was a bit harder!
Reply 45
For the bit where you had to sketch the graphs, based on the graph x^2 + 3x, what did you do for the 3x-x^2 one? I went blank! I just flipped it upside down, is that right?
Reply 46
I flipped it upside down, and i thought that it should have gone above the x axis as well. I hope it's right.
Reply 47
Cool. I think today's paper was much easier than last weeks! I really struggled with the non-calc.
Reply 48
Yeah

I thought that the non calc was really hard compared to todays
Reply 49
:confused:
Katiepala

Can you remember what you got for the 6 mark question? the one where you had to solve the equation to find y.

I put minus 4, although I was told when I got outside that I should have put 2 answers :s-smilie: hope I got 5 marks out of that at least.

On the last question I for some unknown reason used the cosine rule :confused: I know i shouldnt now as it was a right angled triangle - Pythag :redface:

Anyone else have this problem?
Reply 50
dingledow
I flipped it upside down, and i thought that it should have gone above the x axis as well. I hope it's right.

Thats what I did :yes:
Reply 51
the second graph was the equation with -2 in front cause it was flipped at the x axis.
Reply 52
yer i divided the qeation by 6 aswell
Did anyone do intermediate? If so did you get Paul or Kelly for the sugar question? I got Kelly but most of my friends got Paul :frown:
EarthQuaker
Anyone do AQA intermediate?

I did. How did you find it? Which questions did you struggle with?
I think I got the percentage question wrong.. the one where you increase by 12% and the sale price was £15 off the original value or something. I can't believe I didn't get it! My brain just wasn't working. :frown:

Also the last question was a no hope for me! Apart from that, I only struggled with 2-3. I hope I got a C, rarghh.
lozzabel493
Did anyone do intermediate? If so did you get Paul or Kelly for the sugar question? I got Kelly but most of my friends got Paul :frown:

Kelly.

I think I divided the 500ml by 5 to get 5 diff parts.. 1 part = 100ml, then divided the amount of sugar by 5 to get how much sugar in one part.

Then I divided the other amount, it was like 350ml or something by 100 and divided that by the amount of sugar etc etc.

I might not have done it EXACTLY like that cos I can't exactly remember the question but I know I put Kelly because I remember thinking 'Hm that's odd that she'd get more sugar' and then thought well although it's a smaller drink there's prob more sugar concentrated etc etc.
her-own-wings
Kelly.

I think I divided the 500ml by 5 to get 5 diff parts.. 1 part = 100ml, then divided the amount of sugar by 5 to get how much sugar in one part.

Then I divided the other amount, it was like 350ml or something by 100 and divided that by the amount of sugar etc etc.

I might not have done it EXACTLY like that cos I can't exactly remember the question but I know I put Kelly because I remember thinking 'Hm that's odd that she'd get more sugar' and then thought well although it's a smaller drink there's prob more sugar concentrated etc etc.

Thankyou soooo much you've put my mind at rest! :biggrin:
her-own-wings
I did. How did you find it? Which questions did you struggle with?
I think I got the percentage question wrong.. the one where you increase by 12% and the sale price was £15 off the original value or something. I can't believe I didn't get it! My brain just wasn't working. :frown:

Also the last question was a no hope for me! Apart from that, I only struggled with 2-3. I hope I got a C, rarghh.

My brain got stuck on that one too! I got £125 somehow....lol What did you get? :smile:
lozzabel493
My brain got stuck on that one too! I got £125 somehow....lol What did you get? :smile:

80 something, haha! I kept redoing it and redoing it and got so many different outcomes so eventually I left it at the 80 something and thought 'Well, it's a guess; I'm not going to waste my time on one question.' It was only like 2 marks anyway.

Ugh and whattt was up with the square with four diagonals where you were given like one measurement? It's not as if you could even use trig to find it.. or at least I couldn't figure out how to lol.

Wahey, no more maths ever again! ...Providing we get our C's!
lozzabel493
Thankyou soooo much you've put my mind at rest! :biggrin:

Good good - here's hoping I'm right! :] Haha.

Latest