The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've never found any breakfast that will keep me not-hungry as well as eating none at all. Unless you eat a damaging amount that leaves you bloated and sick etc.

Meat and veg, with plenty of fat, would probably be best.

Any normal high-carb breakfast will make you really hungry really fast.
I'm exactly the same.. come mid morning i'm hungry :frown:
i was going to recommend trying porridge because thats the one thing that works for me.

but you say you've already tried it :s-smilie:
maybe try porridge from pure porridge oats instead of ready break etc which contains added sugars? or maybe have breakfast and then a healthy snack at around 11? an apple, carrot sticks, a breakfast bar?
hope this may have been of some help to you?!
Reply 3
I think porridge is the worst culprit as it normally makes me starving by mid morning. I think fruit and fibre is a good one to have or weetabix with cherry's.
Reply 4
Ooh weetabix with cherries sounds good!
I always found that when I was at school! If I didn't eat breakfast I was fine, but if I did my belly would be rumbling by 930!
scramble four eggs, take out three of the yokes, into scrambled eggs or omelette, have it on 2 pieces of toast with some salad to garnish it and some pepper

then have some porridge oats with raisins and a banana/other fruit in it, with hot milk

as a special treat some days have fried bacon with grilled tomatos and fried mushrooms on toast

breakfast should be something that makes you want to get out of bed for
Reply 7
Massive bowl of porridge, followed by a protein shake.
Then eat an apple or something about an hour later, maybe even some tuna. Regular meals people...
Reply 8
I don't know about you, but I always feel ill first thing in the morning, so I can rarely have a big breakfast. For me, a bowl of cereal (crunchy nut), a banana and a coffee is enough to get me through from 7am to 11am... I have lunch at mid-day, so it's really not a big deal.

Maybe try eating smaller, more frequent meals? I know a lot of people swear by the whole 6 (small) meals a day thing e.g. keep some nuts/fruit with you so that by mid-morning you have something to snack on. Banana's rock imo. Strawberries are brilliant too.

I don't really like scrambled eggs - I mean, they taste fine, it's just they never fill me up... Maybe it's because I only make them with 2 eggs max.

Omelettes are great, but because I always add shed-loads of spices/onions/jalapenos/green chillis to them, it always leaves me feeling 'acidic' for the rest of the morning. :s-smilie: They're also not exactly the healthiest option.

Toast with pineapple jam and cheese is also quite good.
Why take the yolks out of the eggs? What's the obsession with it? Yes, the fat is found in there but it's really not a problem.

And being hungry at 11 isn't a problem either. Have a healthy snack. Fruit, anyone?
because they are obv on a high protien low fat diet :wink:

just a big bowl of cereal... if i have a little crappy bowl then it wont do
i always take out a pasta bowl fill it right up and jsut add loads of full fat milk (sugar puffs work well guess its all the sugar) and what is wrong with being hungry at 11 for a snack anyway ???

long as its healthy its fine, i wud say most people are hungry by then :biggrin:
But there are good fats in there and a healthy man needs at least 80g of fat anyway. Not sure what the figure is for ladies though...
on this diet you will eat say 6-8 times a day

so that limits you too very little fat or carbs per meal...
that is 40g of protein and yet very little fat allowing more later on...

personally unless you train in the morning, that early i can just see it going straight out the system, but protien has less carioes per Kilo then carbs etc.. so by doing this its stops weight/fat gain

its abit like the principle behind the atkins diet
Reply 13
6 meals. you never have to wait long till your next bit of food, your hardly ever hungry
Agreed, Bobmarley
this morning i had a bowl of bran flakes with sultanas, a glass of orange and mango tropicana juice and green tea. its now 11.30 and I'm still happily full. maybe try having some juice and tea with breakfast? this may help. otherwise fill yourself up with fruit : ) As above, important to eat small amounts frequently instead of three big meals.
Reply 16
Bran Flakes
Tufts
Bran Flakes

... are the way forward! :biggrin:
:cool:

Latest