The Student Room Group

GCSE help IM SO SCARED AND NEED HELP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Yes, but I don't recommend taking four A Levels. A lot of them will be linear now and that's a hefty amount of revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's compulsory in my school to take 4 a levels but hopefully I can drop a subject after the first year ( ! thanks anyway
Reply 21
Original post by ollie1024
Do not panic, your mother is wrong! Hoping that your English Language grade is strong you should be fine with those GCSE results when applying to study Law at university. Many Russell Group universities require AAA, is some rare cases AAB to study Law. Take your 4 AS Levels, work extremely hard on them and with the grades from them, universities will be able to get an idea about how your A-Level results will turn out. GradeA*UnderA is half right HOWEVER showing you studied 4 subjects at AS-Level will help you greatly as Law is a very competitive subject and dropping one when transitioning from AS to A-Level is better rather than starting from 3

thank you for the advice!!! it's made me feel a whole lot more calmer and determined to do rly well in my AS levels coming up X
Reply 22
Original post by Ezme39
As has been said, your GCSEs are actually really good! I understand that you and your mum hoped for better - but don't be too hard on yourself! You worked hard for these :smile:

thank you!!! :smile:
Excuse my french - But your mom is chatting shiat!!!!!!
Original post by kimsalot
Okay so I really underachieved in my GCSEs and I know exactly what I need to improve on for next year but the grades I got were:
One A*, Four As, 4 Bs and 4 Cs.
I'm really disappointed in my results and I feel like I have the capability to do so much better but my mum is really giving me a hard time since my GCSE results don't fit her expectations. But some of the things she's saying are really making me worried even though I have researched it a whole lot... I really want to get into a Russell Group university to do Law (preferablely Warwick) but my mum said it's not possible for me to get into a Russell Group university because of my GCSEs. If I get really good A level grades and study much harder do you think I have a chance to get into a Russell Group? the subjects I'm taking for a levels are the ones I got A*/A/B for. Do you think if I get very good a level grades (AAAA A*A*AA*) (results on those lines) a Russell group will take me?

From a very stressed person. (who also just made this account now)
Welcome to TSR. On here you will find some very nice people (most of them). There are also some utter w*nkers (none have posted on this thread so far [thank goodness]). Answer me this: did you try your best?
Reply 25
Original post by 04MR17
Welcome to TSR. On here you will find some very nice people (most of them). There are also some utter w*nkers (none have posted on this thread so far [thank goodness]). Answer me this: did you try your best?

I did sort of try my best, I could have revised a bit more but I was so sure I knew everything but I think most of it came down to nerves and pressures. I was panicking in every exam and I don't know, I have a feeling this may have contributed to the drastic change in my grades...
Original post by kimsalot
I did sort of try my best, I could have revised a bit more but I was so sure I knew everything but I think most of it came down to nerves and pressures. I was panicking in every exam and I don't know, I have a feeling this may have contributed to the drastic change in my grades...
Do you feel that realistically, there was anything you could have done differently that would have affected your grades where you knew it? I.e. did you make any conscious decisions that you knew would affect your grades?

Quick Reply

Latest