The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Took the e-tray on the 18th Jan and found out I'd passed the following morning. Anyone else got the assessment centre on the 26th Feb?
Reply 101
5th March for me mate.
Reply 102
I think it mentions it on the website that they do not mark the written work unless you pass the e-tray. I'm not entirely sure why they do that, I guess it saves time at the FSAC.

It's been a while since I did it so I can't remember exactly. One of the questions was about brainstorming ideas about how to integrate an outdoor centre for 'troubled' youths into the local community. I think they want crazy ideas so don't be too worried if your ideas probably wouldn't work in reality.

andrew9717
Joseph mate what ya mean when you say the written test is only assessed if you pass the next round?

What did the written test consist of?
Reply 103
okay, so the third week of FSACs is now over, and waiting is driving me mad! so, to aid and abet my madness, i was trying to work out how many people so far have done it - mine was on a wednesday, and there were about 40 ppl there, and i know a girl had hers the day before. open days all seem to be fridays, but has anyone had / got an FSAC on a monday or thursday? otherwise it means that they are only seeing about 80 people a week, and the cabinet office report implies about a thousand get through to fsac. in which case, it will take them sooooooo long to get through everyone!

i agree that other graduate programmes are much quicker!
Reply 104
tnj
okay, so the third week of FSACs is now over, and waiting is driving me mad! so, to aid and abet my madness, i was trying to work out how many people so far have done it - mine was on a wednesday, and there were about 40 ppl there, and i know a girl had hers the day before. open days all seem to be fridays, but has anyone had / got an FSAC on a monday or thursday? otherwise it means that they are only seeing about 80 people a week, and the cabinet office report implies about a thousand get through to fsac. in which case, it will take them sooooooo long to get through everyone!

i agree that other graduate programmes are much quicker!

i took mine on a monday. so assuming assessments run mon - thu with 35 to 40 people a day, that means 150 a week. the organizers told us we were part of the final 900, so that means a total of 6 weeks of testing. i'd say we're in for a wait of at least a month before everyone has been tested, but the immediately successful / unsuccessful bands may well be set before that...
Reply 105
Well, I did my e-tray on Monday, found out I'd passed on Tuesday, and have my FSAC on the 17th of March! Feels like the process drags out forever...
i think it's about 30 people a day, four days a week.
i took mine on 23rd January and i think I was in one of the first batches.
Someone at the Civil Service said to me that they run until April, so that would be about 8 weeks altogether.
So, I guess we'll be waiting for a while longer.
I'm not sure when the immediately successful/unsuccessful marks are set.
Reply 107
Hope everything goes smoothly for you all, it really is the best job!

The AC is an exhausting day, so make sure you have a good nights sleep and a decent breakfast. Other than that, all I can say is relax, stay professional and listen to what other people have to say.

Statistics show that 1 in 3 of you will be offered the job!
ten bob
Hope everything goes smoothly for you all, it really is the best job!

The AC is an exhausting day, so make sure you have a good nights sleep and a decent breakfast. Other than that, all I can say is relax, stay professional and listen to what other people have to say.

Statistics show that 1 in 3 of you will be offered the job!

And stay overnight in London - the last thing in the world you need is hassle in the rush hour trying to get to the venue on the day. Scout out the venue if you've not been there before. It will settle a lot of nerves.

And at the end of it, ask the others if they want to go out for a drink afterwards. You'll want to get it out of the system.
I had my FSAC earlier this week and thought it was a bit of a nightmare! Won't be holding my breath...
Reply 110
to get back to the obsessive-compulsive number crunching.... it's now almost the end of the fourth week of fsacs, so they must have seen a minimum of 400 people by now (mon-wed, 35 ppl a time). They might even have seen as many as 500 if they have run fsacs on thursdays (no one seems to have mentioned a thursday date so far on here). There seem to be about 300 jobs, so surely they will start kicking us out in the next week or so? i mean, anyone in the current bottom 100 can't possibly get a job, right? i can't wait for this waiting to be over ..... that said, i'd wait for months and months and months if i got offered at the end of it! but, with the flashbacks i have to the daft things i said in that interview, it's very unlikely!

ah well, there's always next year :-)
I went to the assessment centre last week, and after checking for results a million times (even though i knew they wouldn't be up that quickly) i phoned them yesterday. apparently the week starting 18th feb some people will find out, if not it could be end of march i think.

i dont really know what to expect then, maybe they will just starting letting folk know if they have been unsuccessful and later on all the successful ones will be told. who knows the wait is torture tho, im dying to know!
Reply 112
for those of you who haven't yet had your fsac, maybe this website is worth a look? i just found it and thought it was useful for things like the policy recommendation!

www.civilservant.org.uk
How long was it before your tracker and expenses things changed?
Reply 114
ok. think im in on the last assessment centre. 2nd of april as i requested for it to be in april as away when they originally wanted me to go. this was the last date they offered and they told em they don't do thursdays. Has any one got information about the interview. just how general is it or do they expect you to be fully up to date with current affairs knowledge? any other info, advice, websites etc would be much appreciated. thanks
juicer
ok. think im in on the last assessment centre. 2nd of april as i requested for it to be in april as away when they originally wanted me to go. this was the last date they offered and they told em they don't do thursdays. Has any one got information about the interview. just how general is it or do they expect you to be fully up to date with current affairs knowledge? any other info, advice, websites etc would be much appreciated. thanks

The interview's got nothing to do with your knowledge at all; it's all about your experience related to two of the core competencies- 'learning and improving' and 'building productive relationships', so maybe think up of some examples of these before you go, though the questions are quite specific so there's a limit to how much you can prepare. You won't have enough time to do the written exercise (nobody does!) but it's not that bad. The group exercise is straightforward, and the briefing exercise is ok, though my assesor was a bit of a dragon and ripped my idea to pieces!
if that 18th of Feb thing is right...
i'd suspect that next week they'll inform people if they have been immediately successful or unsuccessful. it will probably be those who have been well above or well below the standard needed. Those in the middle, as it were, will be told at the end of march when the assessment centres have finished (except for the one on the 2nd of april).
that's what i think anyway.
Reply 117
oooooh, just logged into the faststream website, despite knowing that there's no way they work on sundays, and the homepage has changed - all those messages about fsac open days and e-trays and "if you have attended fsac in the last week" have gone! which presumably means they'll be putting some new messages up sooooooon .......... !
Reply 118
just found out today that i'm through to the assessment centre. can't believe how long I had to wait. My assessment centre is in april. i'm keeping everything crossed that it goes well! xxxxx
Website says that "Immediately successful/unsuccessful marks" have been set, has anyone heard anything?

Latest

Trending

Trending