The Student Room Group

Cambridge Engineering Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

It was hard but not as bad as ENGAA, are they making you do it?

Original post by davozgenius
lol lets hope for the best, how did you find the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do what?
Hi !

Im considering applying to Cambridge next year however i'm in the IB program not the A-Levels program, can anyone tell me if there are any major subjects that are tested in in the ENGAA but that arent covered in either HL Physics or HL Maths?

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
The Edit on the first post is fab.

Spoiler

Do I need to take STEP for engineering in Cambridge?
Original post by AdamShmee

Usually only at Christ's and sometimes at Peterhouse.

NB. Colleges requiring STEP tend to have a higher offer rate.
Ok thanks for your reply!
Ok thanks for your reply!

By the way, if you do get a STEP offer it is likely to be a 1 in STEP I.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need this answered too 😂 I have read it is only required for some colleges but what does that matter if only applicants doing STEP this following summer receive offers!
Original post by Adster978
I need this answered too 😂 I have read it is only required for some colleges but what does that matter if only applicants doing STEP this following summer receive offers!

See my reply to your other post:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=73369032&postcount=1827

STEP is taken as an offer condition, not before getting the offer (usually).

So you sit it alongside your A-levels in order to meet the Offer requirements.

So the process is:
you apply (October 2017),
you sit ENGAA (Nov),
you have an interview (Nov/Dec),
you get an offer (Jan),
you sit your A-levels & STEP (June),
you get your results (August)
you start at Cambridge (October 2018).
Reply 1210
Hi😁,
I am starting the engineering course at Homerton this year and am looking for some early advice and guidance. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with someone who was in my position last year? Preferably from Homerton but any willing engineer will do!
Thanks alot,
Will
Reply 1211
Original post by Dkazu
Hi😁,
I am starting the engineering course at Homerton this year and am looking for some early advice and guidance. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with someone who was in my position last year? Preferably from Homerton but any willing engineer will do!
Thanks alot,
Will

Not able to help too much, but I am starting engineering this year at Homerton as well :smile:

Feel free to message me and I'll help if I can!
Can any students who did the Year In Industry scheme before starting at Cambridge tell me about their experience? Whether they applied for deferred entry or post results? And just generally how they found going from work back to studying?
Original post by haylieanne
Can any students who did the Year In Industry scheme before starting at Cambridge tell me about their experience? Whether they applied for deferred entry or post results? And just generally how they found going from work back to studying?

You should apply for a deferred place and then do the YINI. After all, if you don't get an Offer first time around you can always reapply during your YINI.

It's not uncommon to apply deferred for engineering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know what i should be aiming for in the ENGAA?
Original post by benduvi20
Hi !

Im considering applying to Cambridge next year however i'm in the IB program not the A-Levels program, can anyone tell me if there are any major subjects that are tested in in the ENGAA but that arent covered in either HL Physics or HL Maths?

Thanks!

From doing revision for the assesment theres a few parts thats not covered. From what I remember, it was the Trapezium rule for area under curves, simple differential equations, a bit of quantum mechanics (only because our school didnt reach that far yet), and youngs modulus. I might be forgetting something though. I took IB with HL math physics chem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending