The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Theres a need for (very) high end professionals in all professions. Pick something you enjoy and excel and there will always be a need for you :smile:
Reply 2
Great Thanks :smile:
Reply 3
I think.....people with language skills/people in the medical profession/building and construction and people in the legal profession.

Oh and I agree with RyanT
Reply 4
Plumbers & electricians
Scientists & Engineers
Reply 6
There are way to many prospective doctors and not enough places, massive competition for them. Scientists and engineers, as stated above, are in demand though.
Reply 7
There is a danger in applying for a profession because you believe that there is a shortage (I am not saying you are doing this, just stating the point). When I went to university there was a shortage of plumbers and electricians, when I came out my friend had spent time qualifying as a plumber and in the area he lived in there was a surplus of plumbers by the time he had trained. Trends change, and migratory patterns also to tend to follow where there is a dearth of skill sets.

A good example is medicine, where the process of qualification in some cases is so long that it is difficult to know exactly what the situation will be when you are finally fully qualified.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Joe Mc
There is a danger in applying for a profession because you believe that there is a shortage (I am not saying you are doing this, just stating the point). When I went to university there was a shortage of plumbers and electricians, when I came out my friend had spent time qualifying as a plumber and in the area he lived in there was a surplus of plumbers by the time he had trained. Trends change, and migratory patterns also to tend to follow where there is a dearth of skill sets.

There is, of course, the other scenario, which is that where a shortage causes a reduction in jobs as companies relocate elsewhere to find talent, this is certainly a factor in some areas of science and engineering.
Cleaners.
Orange Juice
Cleaners.

lol

Latest

Trending

Trending