The Student Room Group

Things to do in the summer?

Hey, not sure if this is in the right place so feel free to move!

So I am finishing my A Levels this summer, meaning that after the end of June until October I have literally nothing to do. Severe lack of money means I'm missing out on holidays with my friends.

Obviously I want some time later in the summer to prepare for all my friends leaving etc, but in early summer (around July/August time) has anyone got any ideas of things I could occupy myself with for at least a few weeks? Courses, projects etc?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Reply 1
Volunteering work? I see you intend on studying history. Why not join my and volunteer with the National Trust, a local museum or community history group?
Can you drive?

(Guess that's expensive anyway..)
straighten your wavy hair then curl their tips after each hair wash!!! :smile: LOL
Get a job!
Do some voluntary work.
Get a temporary job.
Travel.
Reply 6
Do you like festivals? You could get a job with various festivals and get a free ticket and enjoy yourself at festivals at the same time! Peppermint bars are good for barwork at festivals, and people and planet or oxfam for stewarding.

Get a job doing something you really enjoy?

Find a volunteer group; last year I went to Romania to build a school, we had to raise £500 each but it was quite easy - leg waxing nights, sponsored walks etc...

You could do a bungee jump?! Find a charity that you think it would be worthwhile raising money for and then work at raising money and awareness for the charity? Would be really fun and a good thing to do!

Latest