The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7280
Original post by Zerforax
It's a great result and even if Celtic get knocked out, they will get a nice chunk of CL monies... :colondollar:

£21m total guarnateed, with the potential for more. A 40% addition to our turnover :love:
Original post by Jordan_1
Oh come on the only reason Celtic got through is because they beat Barcelona. No one could have predicted that.

You do realise we got more than 3 points right?
Original post by Jordan_1
Oh come on the only reason Celtic got through is because they beat Barcelona. No one could have predicted that.

As if that statement is supposed to somehow discredit Celtic's achievement :lol:
Original post by Rizzletastic
Thanks mate, what a wonderful night it was.

The teams to avoid for me are Bayern and Dortmund, and Man Utd because I can't be arsed with their 'atmosphere' at Old Trafford (or their away support).

However, whatever team we get doesn't take away from the fact we are one of the best young sides in Europe :smile:

Yes exactly :smile: Celtic are a top european side and I can see them going far. The best draw you can get I think is PSG. The worst case scenario would be Bayern or Dortmund I agree. Also, :lol: at Rangers who are playing their football in the small minnow league whilst you have already played at the Noucamp and shocked at Barca at home. Hopefully, there's more shocks and surprises to come.
[video="youtube;7Lx2evVeKR4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Lx2evVeKR4#![/video]

is Tommy the typical celtic fan?
Original post by Shabalala
[video="youtube;7Lx2evVeKR4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7Lx2evVeKR4#![/video]

is Tommy the typical celtic fan?

Last 16. This discussion ends here. If you want to have an intelligent conversation come back, oh, and find an intelligent individual.
Celtic vs juventus
Really looking forward to the Juventus tie.
Reply 7288
Wanyama to take care of Pirlo.
Original post by Colonel.
Really looking forward to the Juventus tie.

Going to be good. :biggrin:
Home win with a clean sheet and I think we could do it!
Gary Hooper has been approached by West Ham, Norwich, and Southampton. What do you think, Celtic fans?
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Gary Hooper has been approached by West Ham, Norwich, and Southampton. What do you think, Celtic fans?

I don't see what he would gain from clubs of that calibre. He is playing in the last 16 next month. Maybe Tottenham or Arsenal, or Juventus who he has been linked to.

I don't see any of our big players leaving until the summer. I think Wanyama will go then, Forster and Hooper may as well.
We need to keep Forster. He's our most valuable asset.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Oh yeah, sorry - they've a massive four months of history. Can't imagine being older than my team tbh, how does it feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seen as you like to boast so much about playing in UEFA's flagship competition maybe you should listen to their view on the Rangers' history situation. Or alternatively Dermot Desmond.
Original post by LargeJohnWasAware
Seen as you like to boast so much about playing in UEFA's flagship competition maybe you should listen to their view on the Rangers' history situation. Or alternatively Dermot Desmond.

I like to boast about it? Where?

I don't like the champions league one bit, it's part of the ridiculous over-saturation of the sport with money.

Still, I'd rather not - the facts are simple - Sevco are 6 months old, the old rangers don't exist - you have no history. Just as FC Franchise (MK Dons) don't get to take over the history of Wimbledon, you don't get old rangers history.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I like to boast about it? Where?

I don't like the champions league one bit, it's part of the ridiculous over-saturation of the sport with money.

Still, I'd rather not - the facts are simple - Sevco are 6 months old, the old rangers don't exist - you have no history. Just as FC Franchise (MK Dons) don't get to take over the history of Wimbledon, you don't get old rangers history.

MK Dons, what a ridiculous comparison. The situations could not be more different. The footballing history was transferred when the new company was given the old company's SFA membership. A new club would've had to apply for a new membership, as MK Dons did. But then you knew that didn't you, just doesn't suit your agenda.

And forgive me if i refuse to take you too seriously if you are still referring to us as 'Sevco', your knowledge of the whole situation is obviously very basic going by that.
MK Dons, what a ridiculous comparison. The situations could not be more different. The footballing history was transferred when the new company was given the old company's SFA membership. A new club would've had to apply for a new membership, as MK Dons did. But then you knew that didn't you, just doesn't suit your agenda.

And forgive me if i refuse to take you too seriously if you are still referring to us as 'Sevco', your knowledge of the whole situation is obviously very basic going by that.

My great Grampa's war medals were ;transferred' to me so to speak. I fought in the wars now!
Reply 7298

Welcome to the irony.

Ah, not a history student I see? MK Dons took over Wimbledons position in the football league, they didn't have to apply for membership all over again.

Quick Reply

Latest