The Student Room Group

Did terrible in interview today

The interviewers were really kind and lovely but I just kept blanking our and basically repeating myself, and i kept apologising, nerves go the better of me. I did eventually get into it and referenced books I’ve read and laws I’ve heard about. I’m just annoyed at myself, I know what’s done is done. Has anyone else got any bad interview stories? Did you not get an offer/did get one? This has been quite a learning experience
Original post by Anonymous
The interviewers were really kind and lovely but I just kept blanking our and basically repeating myself, and i kept apologising, nerves go the better of me. I did eventually get into it and referenced books I’ve read and laws I’ve heard about. I’m just annoyed at myself, I know what’s done is done. Has anyone else got any bad interview stories? Did you not get an offer/did get one? This has been quite a learning experience

Interview for what?
Maybe not as bad as you thought but you sounded unprepared for an interview in general.
Its natural for people to feel stress, but you prepare and practice to make that unlikely in the real thing.

If it doesnt turn out then just get feedback learn, improve and move on.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Interview for what?
Maybe not as bad as you thought but you sounded unprepared for an interview in general.
Its natural for people to feel stress, but you prepare and practice to make that unlikely in the real thing.

If it doesnt turn out then just get feedback learn, improve and move on.

Yeah of course, just frustrated as I have practiced and felt prepared. It was my first proper interview to be honest. Oh well.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah of course, just frustrated as I have practiced and felt prepared. It was my first proper interview to be honest. Oh well.

Well take a break and then learn from it and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending