The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

it is hard to move away... we were such a good GCSE-ers community!
e-lover
Word to all you who have passed your GCSE's.

If your going to do A-levels, get over your GCSE's NOW. You will realise a few days into your A-level course that your GCSE's are now irrelevent because (if your doing science), it was a lie and (if your doing humanities) your hugely underprepared lol.

The last thing you want is to fail your first modules and most of my friends thought because they got 9+A*'s they could cruise along the AS year because they were supposedly 'Genius's', almost all of them who thought this failed their year or got less than CCCC.

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE THINKING THAT BECAUSE YOU GOT A* IN EVERYTHING YOU'LL ACE A-LEVELS.

Other than that, A-levels are rewarding as long as you enjoy your subject.

:smile:

I'm scared i'll still flop even though I DID get A/A*s :o:

Err i'm doing some extra GCSEs next year so i'll stick around :biggrin:
Let down about leaving the GCSE forum....just have to get bullied now (or gatecrash...bullied more likely though) in the A Level forum :rolleyes:
*wipes tear from eye*
Reply 23
Although we’ve come to the end of the road, still I can’t let you go...

:nopity:
:bawling:
cant wait till 6th form! decided what im going to study next year:biggrin:

check signature lol
Just had my first few days of college. It's been great :biggrin:
trance addict
I'm scared i'll still flop even though I DID get A/A*s :o:

Err i'm doing some extra GCSEs next year so i'll stick around :biggrin:
Seriously, don't be. The person you quoted makes A-levels out be harder than they actually are imo. Initially, I found subjects fairly hard because the gap between GCSEs and A-levels is noticable, but if you are as good as your results indicate (made even more impressive from the type of school you went to), you will do fine. Even if you are finding it difficult, don't stop aiming for the grades you want as you will more than likely get there in the end.
Reply 27
I think we should make a 2008-2010 A Level society.
Anyone?
jaz_jaz
I think we should make a 2008-2010 A Level society.
Anyone?

Yay for more random socs dominated by us :p:
joshm
Seriously, don't be. The person you quoted makes A-levels out be harder than they actually are imo. Initially, I found subjects fairly hard because the gap between GCSEs and A-levels is noticable, but if you are as good as your results indicate (made even more impressive from the type of school you went to), you will do fine. Even if you are finding it difficult, don't stop aiming for the grades you want as you will more than likely get there in the end.

One of these is mandatory, another i'm taking in enrichment and another I might just take out of school for fun (ICT GCSE)

:wink:
trance addict
One of these is mandatory, another i'm taking in enrichment and another I might just take out of school for fun (ICT GCSE)

:wink:
Haha. The "Seriously don't be" comment was aimed at you saying you were scared of failing.:p:
joshm
Haha. The "Seriously don't be" comment was aimed at you saying you were scared of failing.:p:

Ah ok :smile: I just was crapping AS levels quite badly when it's my year to fly :frown:
trance addict
Ah ok :smile: I just was crapping AS levels quite badly when it's my year to fly :frown:

trance, i know you shouldn't rest at think i have a million A*s or whatever, so i'll automatically do well. i know you're not thinking that, but in all honesty, i reckon you have no reason to crap up AS, i mean i'm more likely to crap it up, seeing as i got worse grades than you.
just take comfort in that :p:
Champagne Supernova
trance, i know you shouldn't rest at think i have a million A*s or whatever, so i'll automatically do well. i know you're not thinking that, but in all honesty, i reckon you have no reason to crap up AS, i mean i'm more likely to crap it up, seeing as i got worse grades than you.
just take comfort in that :p:

No I know A*s mean nothing, even though i've demonstrated to myself I have ability in the subject, I was scared i'd still flop regardless :s-smilie: (how does that one work out then?)
You're all gonna be fine.
trance addict
No I know A*s mean nothing, even though i've demonstrated to myself I have ability in the subject, I was scared i'd still flop regardless :s-smilie: (how does that one work out then?)

Lacking self-confidence? I highly doubt that. Perhaps you're very modest...or, maybe you don't like stepping into the unknown so think you'll do badly?
piece_by_piece

:yep: Sub again?
piece_by_piece
Quoted for truth! You all need to be more optimistic!
Champagne Supernova
:yep: Sub again?

:yes:

Back in the land of subdom.
I feel rather attached to the GCSE forum, ah the memories.
We've had some good times, right people?

Latest