The Student Room Group

999/101 police call handler and dispatcher role.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
One more test was straightforward but the hardest. Listening to a recording about an incident and being asked 10 questions about it in the end and you have to use ur memory. My advice here is pen and paper and write all the dates, times,colours,names or anything that is hard to remember from the story
Reply 21
Has anyone been through this process for the Met? Got my assessment on Sunday and had very little information on what's going to be taking place! Cheers in advance.
Reply 22
Original post by Wylo
(Original post by Wylo)(Original post by MitchM77)I find out on Monday or Tuesday if I’ve got any further 🤞🏼I’ve been looking into the typing... I did a touch typing course at school 30 years ago, but obviously have forgotten it all. Were you good at it anyway?What do the other tests involve please?I’ve been a nanny for nearly 23 years and want to do something else.Wish you all the best and try again if wasn't accepted. Gotta be a fighter to get what you want About the other tests, one was multitasking which I had to listen to a recording of random numbers and I had to write down every number which is mentioned after the number 3. While listening to the recording, there was a sheet of questions had to be answered which require searching for answers on ask police data base and using Google maps to find places. My advice is try to read these questions as soon as they send the files so u give urself a head start before the recording starts. And while you are searching for answers, keep telling your brain to hear the number 3 and keep repeating saying 3 in ur head while ur hands and eyes are searching for answers to the questions. Once ur ear hear the number 3. Stop everything and focus on the number being said after and immediately write it down

So on Monday, I received an email saying I didn’t pass the Situational Judgement Test. My heart sank. Today, I received a revised email saying that I did and the next stage is a Simulation test. So chuffed! Time to revise!
Reply 23
Original post by MitchM77
So on Monday, I received an email saying I didn’t pass the Situational Judgement Test. My heart sank. Today, I received a revised email saying that I did and the next stage is a Simulation test. So chuffed! Time to revise!

Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳 definitely revision time. I would say go through the job description again and try to know as much as possible about what your day to day tasks might be.Best of luck
Reply 24
Original post by Wylo
Congratulations 🥳🥳🥳 definitely revision time. I would say go through the job description again and try to know as much as possible about what your day to day tasks might be.Best of luck

Thank you 🤞🏼
Reply 25
Original post by SEGuy
Has anyone been through this process for the Met? Got my assessment on Sunday and had very little information on what's going to be taking place! Cheers in advance.

Hey, I just applied for the Met. Can I ask how the process went for you?
Reply 26
Original post by Wundr
Thank you so much for your detailed response and putting in the time to answer my question, I really appreciate it. The process does sound straightforward and the timescales look really good, definitely better compared to some other roles I have applied for. Can I ask which location you settled on? If I do make it through, I would like to work at Hendon- I think getting there by rail is easier than going into London and using the underground etc.

No worries!

I chose Lambeth as my first pick, it's the only realistic commute for me. Hendon is the other side of London from where I am!

Good luck with your application.
Reply 27
Hi, SEGuy,

I wanted to ask how was your assessment. and there is a phone test.? How did you find the interview and what did they ask you.? How was your typing speed like, what sort of info, you had to type, Name, Address, Date of Birth..? Did you find the assessment straightforward.? I’m just abit worried.
Thanks Neha
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by NT00
Hi, SEGuy,

I wanted to ask how was your assessment. and there is a phone test.? How did you find the interview and what did they ask you.? How was your typing speed like, what sort of info, you had to type, Name, Address, Date of Birth..? Did you find the assessment straightforward.? I’m just abit worried.
Thanks Neha

I did have this all typed up but for some
reason an admin has deleted it..

Sorry!
Reply 29
Hi SEGuy.

That’s annoying, How did you find the assessment over all.? There is nothing for me to worry about, typing Iv been practising online.
Thanks Neha
Reply 30
Original post by SEGuy
I did have this all typed up but for some
reason an admin has deleted it..

Sorry!

They also removed my comment responding to you. Studentroom sent me a DM saying my comment was revised and not allowed to be posted. Very strange.
Reply 31
Original post by SEGuy
No worries!

I chose Lambeth as my first pick, it's the only realistic commute for me. Hendon is the other side of London from where I am!

Good luck with your application.

I don't live in London so for me its choosing which location is realistic to do a daily commute. Hendon is closer but Bow has a much easier travel route.
Thanks.. I hope I hear back soon!
Reply 32
Hi Wundr,

How was your assessment was the assessment straightforward.? I feel kind of worried
Thanks Neha
Reply 33
Original post by NT00
Hi SEGuy.

That’s annoying, How did you find the assessment over all.? There is nothing for me to worry about, typing Iv been practising online.
Thanks Neha

Yeah I wouldn’t worry about it too much, just be aware that you are be assessed at all times even during downtime!

Like you said, practice your typing and maybe look at some of the core values for the met if you do get to the face to face interview.
Reply 34
Original post by Wundr
I don't live in London so for me its choosing which location is realistic to do a daily commute. Hendon is closer but Bow has a much easier travel route.
Thanks.. I hope I hear back soon!

Throughout my assessment day they did mention that Hendon is their priority recruitment location at the moment. So I think even if you put Bow as a first choice and Hendon as a second you’d end up with Hendon!
Reply 35
Original post by SEGuy
Yeah I wouldn’t worry about it too much, just be aware that you are be assessed at all times even during downtime!

Like you said, practice your typing and maybe look at some of the core values for the met if you do get to the face to face interview.

Thank for your help. There a phone test too, I’m sure they give you a sheet in the beginning, it seems very straightforward. Your typing speed fast or average.?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by NT00
Thank for your help. There a phone test too, I’m sure they give you a sheet in the beginning, it seems very straightforward. Your typing speed fast or average.?

It’s a phone interview, so you’ll just be speaking to someone for around 20-30 minutes.

My typing speed is pretty fast, I can average around 80 WPM with 98% accuracy. I would imagine around 35 WPM would be what the required standard is.
Reply 37
Original post by SEGuy
It’s a phone interview, so you’ll just be speaking to someone for around 20-30 minutes.

My typing speed is pretty fast, I can average around 80 WPM with 98% accuracy. I would imagine around 35 WPM would be what the required standard is.

Ok, it’s would be name n address n date of birth, description, meaning typing as much info as possible on to the grid. And the phone test, will that be with one person or two.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by NT00
Ok, it’s would be name n address n date of birth, description, meaning typing as much info as possible on to the grid. And the phone test, will that be with one person or two.

Nah no typing into a grid, it’s purely based on your WPM and accuracy so it can be any sort of information they give yoy
Reply 39
Original post by SEGuy
Nah no typing into a grid, it’s purely based on your WPM and accuracy so it can be any sort of information they give yoy

Ok, the phone test will that be one person or various the caller.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending