The Student Room Group

NCS sixth form application

Has anyone else got an email from The NCS congratulating them on their personal statement and how well-written, intelligent and insightful it is? I got an email but I want to know if they just copy and pasted it and sent it to a bunch of people lol or if they genuinely really like it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I didn't get one. They must have really been impressed with yours.:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Baddiee
I didn't get one. They must have really been impressed with yours.:smile:

You might still get one because they haven't read them all yet. There's thousands of applications so they're just getting started. But let me know if you do.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by s_123456
You might still get one because they haven't read them all yet! There's thousands of applications so they're just getting started. But let me know if you do.

Thanks, the personal statement is a big part because they don't do interviews. I think you have a good chance of getting in, good luck x
Reply 4
Original post by Baddiee
Thanks, the personal statement is a big part because they don't do interviews. I think you have a good chance of getting in, good luck x

Thank you and good luck to you too xx
Reply 5
Original post by Baddiee

what are your predicted grades btw?
Reply 6
what are your predicted grades btw?

9,9,8,88,8,8,8,7,7,7 wbu
Reply 7
Original post by Baddiee
9,9,8,88,8,8,8,7,7,7 wbu

Reply 8

wow, what subjects did you choose for a level?
Reply 9
Original post by Baddiee
wow, what subjects did you choose for a level?

Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Econ for NCS. But for other sixth forms I applied for Spanish instead of Econ. wbu?
Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Econ for NCS. But for other sixth forms I applied for Spanish instead of Econ. wbu?

Maths, Bio, Chemistry, and Econ for NCS. We are basically taking the same subjects lol. For other sixth forms, I only applied for 3 subjects. What other sixth forms have you applied to?
Reply 11
Original post by Baddiee
Maths, Bio, Chemistry, and Econ for NCS. We are basically taking the same subjects lol. For other sixth forms, I only applied for 3 subjects. What other sixth forms have you applied to?

LAE, Brampton Manor, Six 21, and Clapton Girls Academy. You?
LAE, Brampton Manor, Six 21, and Clapton Girls Academy. You?

LAE, Brampton Manor, Six 21, Woodhouse, Mossbourne, and Seven Kings. What is your first choice if you were to be accepted?
Reply 13
Original post by Baddiee
LAE, Brampton Manor, Six 21, Woodhouse, Mossbourne, and Seven Kings. What is your first choice if you were to be accepted?

I really dk yet. Once they start giving out offers I'll probably look at the pros and cons of each. How come your only doing 3 subjects at LAE and Brampton Manor, isn't the minimum 4?
The same four for the places that require it but 3 for places that don't. My first choice would either be the NCS or Woodhouse but the NCS seems really competitive so my hopes aren't too high lol.
Reply 15
Original post by Baddiee
The same four for the places that require it but 3 for places that don't. My first choice would either be the NCS or Woodhouse but the NCS seems really competitive so my hopes aren't too high lol.

Yeah ncs, bma and lae are all really competitive and people apply with way more 9's than I've got so I'm not expecting any offers lol. But in their admission policies they say the prioritise people that live in Newham and have free school meals and stuff and so when they get oxbridge offers they brag about how students from the most deprived borough with free school meals got in. Its so stupid lol
I got that email as well, but I don't think it's completely copy and pasted because there was specific information in there /:
Reply 17
Original post by JustAStudent04
I got that email as well, but I don't think it's completely copy and pasted because there was specific information in there /:

Oh okayy, good luck
Reply 18
Do you have any tips/particular structures that you used for your personal statement?
Reply 19
Original post by p_imw1
Do you have any tips/particular structures that you used for your personal statement?

Pc plum please don't tell me this is you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending