The Student Room Group

Jaguar Land Rover Assessment Centre 2021

Scroll to see replies

Anyone had the interview for the propulsion engineering graduate scheme?
I did the analytics and digital assessment centre and heard back exactly 2 weeks after. They called me and offered a place saying they will send over the rest of the details soon.
Original post by blazefootball
Has anyone else been totally ghosted since their assessment centre? Like not being told the outcome and given no feedback ? My application status on the JLR career portal still says ‘assessment’ . I attended an AC four weeks ago.

Very strange, have you sent them an email?
Reply 123
Original post by krn02
Hi guys i just got invited for assesment centre next week. They have mentioned 3 interviews of 30min each. Can you guys please tell me what did they ask in interactive exercise? And what all questions did they ask in behaviour and motivational interview if you remember any of them. Cheers.

Hope you did well on the assessment, going to elaborate on it just incase someone else is looking for info. Basically nothing to worry about, all you do is talk about yourself, just so they know what your psyche is like. the motivational interview focuses around sets of questions on why you chose to apply for this field and company.

Then you have psychometric interviewing, in my one they used a diamond 9 test, which was basically cards with attributes written on them and had to add one that i deemed necessary, then had to reorganise them from top to bottom, top being most important and bottom being least important.

And last but not least, the behavioural interviews, which included question based around their corporate values and your answers will be based on situations/scenarios you experienced and how you reacted to them, so basically prepare a story about problems or achievement that you experienced during acedemic/work place and make sure you practice them using the STAR method (Situation-Task-Action-Result).

do bear in mind that all that i mentioned now will be shown to you by jlr recruiting team on an online presentation 4/5 days before the assessment day so dont worry relax and just enjoy the journey, all you have to do is be yourself and do all what youre capable of, nothing extra is needed! Good luck
Original post by Hatm95
Hope you did well on the assessment, going to elaborate on it just incase someone else is looking for info. Basically nothing to worry about, all you do is talk about yourself, just so they know what your psyche is like. the motivational interview focuses around sets of questions on why you chose to apply for this field and company.

Then you have psychometric interviewing, in my one they used a diamond 9 test, which was basically cards with attributes written on them and had to add one that i deemed necessary, then had to reorganise them from top to bottom, top being most important and bottom being least important.

And last but not least, the behavioural interviews, which included question based around their corporate values and your answers will be based on situations/scenarios you experienced and how you reacted to them, so basically prepare a story about problems or achievement that you experienced during acedemic/work place and make sure you practice them using the STAR method (Situation-Task-Action-Result).

do bear in mind that all that i mentioned now will be shown to you by jlr recruiting team on an online presentation 4/5 days before the assessment day so dont worry relax and just enjoy the journey, all you have to do is be yourself and do all what youre capable of, nothing extra is needed! Good luck

Hi, out of interest which year cohort did you apply for, and did you get the position?
Original post by curiousgeorge39
I did yesterday

Hey congratulations on your offer!
I have an assessment centre for the HR scheme and wanted to ask if you have tips/ advice/ guidance for the interview? What type of questions did they ask and how was the task (Diamond 9)?
Your help will be greatly appreciated : )
Reply 126
Original post by paulg18
Hi, out of interest which year cohort did you apply for, and did you get the position?

Its for the September 2022 scheme, and I'm still waiting for the feedback. Have you applied?
Reply 127
Original post by Jose_Mourinho
Thank you so much i really appreciate it. Mine is the APEP too! Hope we both get through and meet up some day haha!

If you you are currently doing the apprentership how is it going do you like ?
I was thinking of doing it as well
many thanks
Reply 128
Original post by Jose_Mourinho
Thank you so much i really appreciate it. Mine is the APEP too! Hope we both get through and meet up some day haha!

many thanks

Original post by Zaltman
Hi, which program did you apply for? I had mine for the the APEP degree program last Friday. In the motivational interview they try and find out why you want the job and your motivation for applying, and for the strength based one they ask you questions about challenges you've overcome in the past and how you would deal with different situations. The whole thing felt very informal and relaxing, all the interviewers were really nice and made you feel at home. Hope this helps

many thanks
Anyone else on the reserve list for the analytics and digital graduate scheme?
Reply 130
Original post by Adelekan
I’ve just heard back through email and i got a place on the networking pathway!

Hi, I got an email 2 days back asking if I am still interested in the program for which I replied "YES". Did the same way worked for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending