The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anna_spanner89
woop nottingham, which nursing course are you doing there? Im doing the 4year masters

hopefully adult nursing at the main site :smile:
After the 4 year masters do you still come out a a nurse or a science person....if you know what I mean!
yaz23
hopefully adult nursing at the main site :smile:
After the 4 year masters do you still come out a a nurse or a science person....if you know what I mean!

a nurse- but with an extra qualification
Hello anna_spanner89.I believe that Nottingham is the only university in the country that offer a Masters in Nursing.They also offer the Bsc(hons)Option as well.I will asked them that next week when i go.I have also now been shortlisted for Worcester woo:woo: Still have to hear off from a few others now.
anna_spanner89

Yes you come out with a Masters degree because its a 4 year degree course.I be just happy to get in and come out with a bsc(hons)degree.But good luck with your forthcoming interviews anna_spanner89 i am certain you would make a fantastic nurse:biggrin: :yep:
Reply 24
anna_spanner89

Oh right, im happy with a BSc Hons...
I did look at the nursing masters but then realised that you have to do A2 Biology,
whereas I have only started biology this year as an AS!
Reply 25
ZakBrannigan
Hello anna_spanner89.I believe that Nottingham is the only university in the country that offer a Masters in Nursing.They also offer the Bsc(hons)Option as well.I will asked them that next week when i go.I have also now been shortlisted for Worcester woo:woo: Still have to hear off from a few others now.

...And now the University of Central Lancashire do the masters degree too :smile:
Does anyone think nottingham has spaces in the diploma for nursing, starting in january?
Reply 27
woooo selection day for kings, 10th of december:smile:
had to change my train tickets to an earlier time cos i was already going down to stay over as i have one at middlesex too which starts at 9am on the 11th!

my first and third choices respectively so excited:smile:
amyamy
woooo selection day for kings, 10th of december:smile:
had to change my train tickets to an earlier time cos i was already going down to stay over as i have one at middlesex too which starts at 9am on the 11th!

my first and third choices respectively so excited:smile:

congrats, my interview is on the 3rd, i'll tell you how it goes :p:
Reply 29
I've heard nothing from Kings yet.. :frown:

Cardiff offered me an interview but I didn't send the reply slip back saying I would attend as I decided I didn't want to go there after all.

Confirmation of receipt of application from LJMU.

Unconditional offers to Sheffield hallam & Leeds met. :biggrin:
anna_spanner89
Does anyone think nottingham has spaces in the diploma for nursing, starting in january?

yes i think they are still some spaces on the diploma route for Januray 2009.Take a look on the school of nursing website
AsystoleUK
I've heard nothing from Kings yet.. :frown:

Cardiff offered me an interview but I didn't send the reply slip back saying I would attend as I decided I didn't want to go there after all.

Confirmation of receipt of application from LJMU.

Unconditional offers to Sheffield hallam & Leeds met. :biggrin:

well done and congrats on those unconditional offers AsystoleUK i see you are applying for mental health nursing?good luck with all that:yep: :biggrin:
yaz23
...And now the University of Central Lancashire do the masters degree too :smile:

I didnt know that Yaz23.I think i would just be happy with a Bsc(hons)degree as I dont have A levels or a BTEC like some applicants have:yep:
Reply 33
Okay...i have a dilemma

After umming and ahhing for a while between nursing and midwifery to do at uni, I chose to adult nursing...
then i went for a tour around a maternity unit today and realised that i think i could be making a mistake
as i want to do midwifery...
now im really confused
and my ucas has to be sent off by monday, but i reckon i could get a one week extension

i thought i would ask for advice on here...so opinions please fellow nurses/midwives to be!!!!! (and fast if possible!) :smile:
Reply 34
It's totally up to you, your just going to have to decide pretty quickly i'm afraid.
If your gut instinct now is to go with midwifery, then i would say change the ucas and do it.
you'd only regret going to uni for something that you didn't enjoy and would wish you had done it.
Reply 35
I have an interview tomorrow- I'm so nervous! I know I'll have to be confident and be myself, but any tips? :>
Reply 36
amyamy
It's totally up to you, your just going to have to decide pretty quickly i'm afraid.
If your gut instinct now is to go with midwifery, then i would say change the ucas and do it.
you'd only regret going to uni for something that you didn't enjoy and would wish you had done it.

ta for the advice :smile:
its just that my gut instinct is to go with both!
damn ucas making us make decisons by january!!
I amgoing to talk to my personal tutor, who should help me out!
lilstephyo
I have an interview tomorrow- I'm so nervous! I know I'll have to be confident and be myself, but any tips? :>

where at? i have my interview at KCL on wednesday...oooo the nerves are kicking in
Reply 38
anna_spanner89
where at? i have my interview at KCL on wednesday...oooo the nerves are kicking in

mine is the week after, let me know how it goes! and what you get asked and stuff! i'm so nervous, kings is my first interview, and my first choice so i dont even have others first to prepare me a bit!

and it might sound daft, but what are/have other people wearing/worn for these interviews!!!?
Usuall smart/casual/suit

Latest