The Student Room Group

if Science Po rejected me, do I still have a chance with LSE

Hi all, this might sound like a dumb question, but I just got rejected from Sciences Po International Relations masters and am hoping to get into LSE for a conflict analysis masters. If the first one rejected me, does that mean LSE probably will as well? Since they are around the same ranking (I think), it's really stressing me out. The fact that they take months to answer isn't helping too!
Reply 1
Original post by alysse
Hi all, this might sound like a dumb question, but I just got rejected from Sciences Po International Relations masters and am hoping to get into LSE for a conflict analysis masters. If the first one rejected me, does that mean LSE probably will as well? Since they are around the same ranking (I think), it's really stressing me out. The fact that they take months to answer isn't helping too!

Not necessarily, although lse has a very high number of applicants per place. What degree did/are you doing and what grade have you achieved?
Reply 2
Original post by A1exei
Not necessarily, although lse has a very high number of applicants per place. What degree did/are you doing and what grade have you achieved?

I'm currently doing a politics and sociology course BA. I didn't have high hopes for sciences po as they did request applicants for this course to have a strong international relations background, but LSE says that my bachelor course doesn't matter. I have 73% at the moment but got an upper 2:1 last year.
rankings do not really matter so much regarding admission chances
LSE might be be more tempted to accept you if you got a UK-based degree
Reply 4
Original post by alysse
I'm currently doing a politics and sociology course BA. I didn't have high hopes for sciences po as they did request applicants for this course to have a strong international relations background, but LSE says that my bachelor course doesn't matter. I have 73% at the moment but got an upper 2:1 last year.

That will definitely be the reason for your rejection from Sciences Po then. That’s a strong grade, so I’d just wait it out. I can’t really comment on your chances of success as that depends on all the other applicants too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending