The Student Room Group

Should I withdraw my application? Institute of Education at UCL

Hello, so I applied for a course about 2 weeks ago, deadline was end of May and paid £90 to do this. I checked the uni website recently and saw the course is now full so I emailed the course head and asked if my application would still be considered. I had this response last night:

"Unfortunately, the programme is heavily oversubscribed, and we had to close early. We will only be able to consider submissions that are in the system/submitted (which may include yours). Even then, for those in the system/submitted, there now remains a slim chance of acceptance due to such high volumes of strong applications."

So I assumed my application is still in the system but it looks like there is little chance of me getting in so I am not sure what to do. £90 is a lot of money for me to throw away..

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sara
If you withdraw will you receive your £90 back?

If you are going to get your money back then definitely withdraw. If they say no - reply to their message and say you want your money back because you expected your application to receive a fair review and you are now aware that is not what is going to happen.
Reply 2
Original post by one_two_three
If you withdraw will you receive your £90 back?

If you are going to get your money back then definitely withdraw. If they say no - reply to their message and say you want your money back because you expected your application to receive a fair review and you are now aware that is not what is going to happen.

Thank you for replying, I am hesitant to withdraw just in case but it does seem unlikely that I would get a fair chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending