The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Official Aberystwyth University Applicants 2022

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying, or have applied, to Aberystwyth University for 2022 entry.

Meet and chat to other people applying here!

Ice breaker questions:

- What course are you applying for?

- What subjects are you studying now?

- Predicted grades? (Only if you feel comfortable disclosing!)

- Why Aberystwyth?

- Any other choices?

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7066634&p=96093610&page=9#post96093610

Good luck everyone!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Indililam1
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying, or have applied, to Aberystwyth University for 2022 entry.

Ice breaker questions:

- Why Aberystwyth?

- Any other choices?

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post96067663

Good luck everyone!

- What course are you applying for: G1X3 Mathematics with Education - sent off my application yesterday and received an offer today!! :dance:

- What subjects are you studying now: Mathematics, Further Maths, Financial Studies, Economics, Welsh Baccalaureate.

- Predicted grades: A*A*A*A* + A in AS Economics.

- Why Aberystwyth: I'm a Welsh applicant so Wales is home to me. Lots of my friends rave about it and I think I'd like to take a slightly more chilled approach towards my studies, giving me time to actually enjoy it. I want to teach the Welsh curriculum after completing my PGCE so Maths with Education is perfect for me.

- Any other choices: Imperial College London, Cardiff University, University of Manchester, University of Edinburgh.

Good luck everyone! :smile:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
What course are you applying for? - Creative Arts, Fine Art with Art History
Subjects studying now? - Art & Design, History, Psychology
Predicted grades: ABB
Why Aberystwyth? - wanted to go somewhere where I would feel comfortable living for the next 3/4 years, and also had a course that I loved the look of. Also have heard some really good things about Aberystwyth.
Any other choices? - Bath Spa University, Reading University
I’m hoping to do a film course, as of now I’m getting a DDM and two Cs, if I get these grades in the final exams, would I be considered? (One of the Cs in best case scenario would be a B but I’m referring to if it doesn’t happen)

I am also going to sign up for entrance exams

Thank you!
Original post by Indililam1

Ice breaker questions:

- Why Aberystwyth?

- Any other choices?

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7066634&p=96093610&page=9#post96093610

Good luck everyone!

i applied for llb law and i’m excited for it!

i am taking law, english literature, psychology.

i am currently predicted a BBB.

aberystwyth is very close to family in cornwall and the surrounding area reminds me very much of home, so i don’t think i’ll be too homesick! it just seems like such a welcoming uni and i’m excited for it.

bath spa, chichester, surrey and lincoln.
Ive applied for crimonolgy and criminal psychology I need 112 ucas points.

I also applied for a foundation yr just incase i dont pass my exams!

Im currently doing crimonolgy, history and English literature.

I chose aber as there course is so nice and it isnt to far from home
Reply 6
Hello! My name is Ney and I've applied to the Film and media production/Theatre and drama course! I have been working in law offices for the past three years, saving up money (intl student) so I'm not studying anything right now .

I would love to study in Aber because it's such a wonderful university in a quaint little town! I adore the fact that there's a rich musical life on campus and so far, they are the university that reached out to me the most and it made me feel really seen :") They've quickly become my firm choice, and they have a lot of connections in the industry, like E4 and the BBC, which could help me get a job straight after uni. And I almost forgot - FREE / DISCOUNTED INTL ACCOMMODATION???? This will help me drastically!! I might not have to work through my degree at all!!

My other choices are Cumbria, Birmingham City, West of Scotland and Worcester.

Hope to see you all in Sept!!
I’m eleanor and i’ve applied for criminology and criminal psychology and need 112 ucas points.

I’m predicted CCD however am thinking of taking the entrance exam but i’m not sure yet.

I’m currently studying English Language, Psychology, Geography and an EPQ on the topic of criminology.

I chose aber as it looks like a calm uni to go to along with good reviews from students (plus it’s far away from where i live lol and it’s where my mum went to uni)

I also applied for uni of leeds, manchester met, royal holloway and bath spa however aber is my firm choice.

Thanks! hopefully see you all soon!
Reply 8
CONDITIONAL OFFER RECEIVED!! :eek:

All that's left to do is wait for my IELTS results to reach them (min. 6.5, got 8.5) and pay their deposit!! and then I'm in!!

I've been dreaming of studying in the UK ever since I was 13 - and got the email from UCAS on the bus. A bit embarrassed to say I cried and phoned my sister. And that people have uh, started at me but I don't CARE!! I'm two steps away from getting my unconditional offer and starting my visa application!!

Side q - is there a limit on the amount of societies we're allowed to be in?
Original post by Ant-mey

All that's left to do is wait for my IELTS results to reach them (min. 6.5, got 8.5) and pay their deposit!! and then I'm in!!

I've been dreaming of studying in the UK ever since I was 13 - and got the email from UCAS on the bus. A bit embarrassed to say I cried and phoned my sister. And that people have uh, started at me but I don't CARE!! I'm two steps away from getting my unconditional offer and starting my visa application!!

what country are you travelling from? if you don’t mind me asking :smile: but congrats!!!
Reply 10
Original post by Ellebelle18
what country are you travelling from? if you don’t mind me asking :smile: but congrats!!!

Thank you so much!! And I'm coming in from Israel (Yeah, I know). I'm really happy about leaving this country as well.
Original post by Ant-mey

Well done, that's amazing! Croeso i Gymru! (Welcome to Wales!) :smile:
I think you can join as many societies as you want, as long as the commitments don't get in the way of your coursework.
i have an unconditional to study physical geography! really looking forward to it.
What course are you applying for?
Law LLB - already received an unconditional offer

Physics, Chemistry, Maths (last year!)

I already have my grades, ABB

- Why Aberystwyth?
i’m in love with the town and the way of life. I’m not somebody who’s super into clubbing or anything so having a lot of beautiful outside spaces would really suit me. The Law course at Aber looks really interesting and has modules which I’m definitely excited to try out. I’ve had mental health struggles recently so finding a university with both an exciting course and a mentally supportive space (plus the high ranking for student wellbeing) has been really important to me :smile:

- Any other choices?

Edinburgh, Royal Holloway, Sussex
I received and confirmed an unconditional offer for their Wildlife and Conservation course starting this September! :biggrin:

I decided on Aberystwyth because of the incredible surrounding wildlife as well as habitats around the town, and it's reputation for research as well as scientific focus and quality in their courses. I have a friend who is studying the course I'll be going onto and have heard good things, so after reading through the course details and modules I decided it was the right fit for me! (It was between Conservation or Behaviour there, and I chose Conservation!) Also the town and accommodation seem amazing which is always very important when you're moving away.

I also received unconditional offers from Harper Adams but based on the above reasoning Aber was always my dream choice. Very excited! :tongue:
Hey I’m Sam,
I’m currently studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology and got an unconditional offer to study Astrophysics starting this September (foundation year).

I’ve been down to Aberystwyth twice now and the whole place is just fantastic! I very much love the fact it’s slap bang on the coast and everything is quite accessible, also looking forward to the night skies in Wales as they should be much better than where I currently live!

Really intrigued to chat to some other people going to study any sciences or anything really this September be it foundation or first year, I have a couple friends starting this year as well (one studying Astrophysics, one studying Biology) so would be good to chat with some people before getting down there!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Sam.T 04
Hey I’m Sam,
I’m currently studying Physics, Chemistry and Biology and got an unconditional offer to study Astrophysics starting this September (foundation year).

I’ve been down to Aberystwyth twice now and the whole place is just fantastic! I very much love the fact it’s slap bang on the coast and everything is quite accessible, also looking forward to the night skies in Wales as they should be much better than where I currently live!

Really intrigued to chat to some other people going to study any sciences or anything really this September be it foundation or first year, I have a couple friends starting this year as well (one studying Astrophysics, one studying Biology) so would be good to chat with some people before getting down there!

Hi Sam,

I've just finished first year in Biochemistry, so if you (or your friend studying Biology) have any questions, just let me know!
Reply 17
I have finished my Bachelor degree this year (Mathematics) and got into the University of Amsterdam for master's.
I can definitely recommend the Department of Physical Science at Aberystwyth University.
Hello University of Aberystwyth applicants!

Just wanted to check in and see how you’re feeling about results day coming up? Hope you’re all doing ok - do you have any questions at all that the community could help you with?

I also wanted to point you in the direction of some of TSR’s resources that you might find helpful over the next few weeks.

If you have any questions about Ucas and results day you can ask our trained Clearing and Application Advisors here.

If you find you need it, or just want to get prepared for all eventualities, you can find clearing information and support here.

Good luck!

Spoiler

Hi!
I have applied to Aberystwyth to do BSc Biology as an international student. I am doing the IB right now and have a predicted grade of 33/45, the entry requirements for this course is a 30/45 with a 5 in HL Biology, however, I have a 4 in HL Biology so I am a little worried.

Quick Reply

Latest