The Student Room Group

DWP General Executive Officer

Scroll to see replies

My brother in law applied in London the deadline for application was 13th December.
He's still waiting for interview
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 61
For some reason it’s taking them very long we’re almost half way through the month and nothing
Reply 62
Original post by Fjx25
For some reason it’s taking them very long we’re almost half way through the month and nothing

Hi,
Just received an invite to interview for North London 😁
Reply 63
Original post by Shonky
Hi,
Just received an invite to interview for North London 😁

Me too. I applied for West London aswell as North. Does anyone know if I will need to do 2 separate interviews or just the one? I had to do the tests twice and submit my statement twice aswell.
It mentioned 6 questions, it didn't say if these are strength and behaviour or just behaviour as mentioned somewhere on this thread.
Reply 64
Original post by Sha-z
Me too. I applied for West London aswell as North. Does anyone know if I will need to do 2 separate interviews or just the one? I had to do the tests twice and submit my statement twice aswell.
It mentioned 6 questions, it didn't say if these are strength and behaviour or just behaviour as mentioned somewhere on this thread.

Congratulations! I’m not too sure. Did you just receive the one invite?
Reply 65
If it’s two separate applications then you probably will have to do it twice
Reply 66
Original post by Shonky
Congratulations! I’m not too sure. Did you just receive the one invite?

Just the one at the moment. It's for north London, I just checked on the website. The other locations are still under review.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 67
Good luck guys at least they’re finally getting through the applications
Original post by Sha-z
Just the one at the moment. It's for north London, I just checked on the website. The other locations are still under review.

Which site did you check?
Reply 69
Original post by AJCAHAUDHRY
Which site did you check?

dwpjobs-workcoach.tal.net
Reply 70
Original post by Fjx25
Good luck guys at least they’re finally getting through the applications

Thank you and good luck to you too!
I got an interview invite for Manchester. Still waiting on Liverpool.
Reply 72
Hi everyone… I’ve applied for Sussex and got the interview invitation. Is this one just on behaviours or blended with strengths too? If it’s okay to share :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by CSHope
Hi everyone… I’ve applied for Sussex and got the interview invitation. Is this one just on behaviours or blended with strengths too? If it’s okay to share :smile:

I did the interview other day. 6 questions in total, 2 per behaviour. I think the lead behaviour is communicating and influencing so the first 2 questions will be on that, followed by 2 questions on managing quality service (customer service related questions) and last 2 making effective decisions (how you successfully made a decision which made an impact to your customer/job)

Tip: Practise before clicking ‘start test’ as many times till you feel comfortable as it can be awkward on camera if you are not comfortable like myself lol!

Follow the STAR technique much as possible. I know it can be difficult for some such as my self but along as you focus on ‘Action’ so what action you took to improve services or actions you took to come to a decision etc that should it should be okay.

Remember not to say “We” but say “I” as this is about YOU and how you successfully communicated an idea, how you provided good service and how you made an effective decision.

Keep some notes on you if you want, as I am sure you are allowed to refer to notes in the interview for pointers.

Unfortunately, I cant remember the questions however there are great videos on YouTube for potential questions and a website called interview gold which provides good information about civil service interviews and potential questions for every behaviours.

hope this information helps whoever reading this and best wishes to everyone doing the interview.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Sumzfc
I did the interview other day. 6 questions in total, 2 per behaviour. I think the lead behaviour is communicating and influencing so the first 2 questions will be on that, followed by 2 questions on managing quality service (customer service related questions) and last 2 making effective decisions (how you successfully made a decision which made an impact to your customer/job)

Tip: Practise before clicking ‘start test’ as many times till you feel comfortable as it can be awkward on camera if you are not comfortable like myself lol!

Follow the STAR technique much as possible. I know it can be difficult for some such as my self but along as you focus on ‘Action’ so what action you took to improve services or actions you took to come to a decision etc that should it should be okay.

Remember not to say “We” but say “I” as this is about YOU and how you successfully communicated an idea, how you provided good service and how you made an effective decision.

Keep some notes on you if you want, as I am sure you are allowed to refer to notes in the interview for pointers.

Unfortunately, I cant remember the questions however there are great videos on YouTube for potential questions and a website called interview gold which provides good information about civil service interviews and potential questions for every behaviours.

hope this information helps whoever reading this and best wishes to everyone doing the interview.

Wow that was incredibly helpful. It is indeed awkward as you look at yourself and at some point a clock starts telling you how much time you have left. I am quite prolix so it’s a struggle!
I consider behaviour questions better than the strength ones, to be fair.

Thanks a million and good luck, everyone! We’ve got this 👊🏻💪🏻
(edited 1 year ago)
Any one heard any thing back yet ? 🤞🏼
I applied for the Highland area back in December. Application, Online test and interview were all carried out within the same week, I thought it was very quick. But there has been such a delay waiting on the outcome.
My status changed slightly from 'reviewing interview' to something along the lines of 'you will hear from us soon' but did not get any email updates.

After reading this thread it appears it could be the end of the month before hearing anything. Just seems such a shame to wait so long if unsuccessful but I wish you all the best of luck (unless competing for the same location as I am in which I wish myself the luck :wink: )
Reply 77
Original post by pinky14x
Any one heard any thing back yet ? 🤞🏼

Are you waiting for sift or interview results?
Original post by Shonky
Are you waiting for sift or interview results?

Waiting on interview results!
Original post by JDSensations
I applied for the Highland area back in December. Application, Online test and interview were all carried out within the same week, I thought it was very quick. But there has been such a delay waiting on the outcome.
My status changed slightly from 'reviewing interview' to something along the lines of 'you will hear from us soon' but did not get any email updates.

After reading this thread it appears it could be the end of the month before hearing anything. Just seems such a shame to wait so long if unsuccessful but I wish you all the best of luck (unless competing for the same location as I am in which I wish myself the luck :wink: )

We’ve applied for different areas!! Good luck 🤞🏼😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending