The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth and DSA

Hello,

I'm going to Aberystwyth in September of 2023 and recently just finished my DSA assessment for Student Finance England.

Once the application is completely finished and all of the equipment has been stated as to what is required for my education... How do I go about collecting all of it?

I know that the finances for the equipment is given to the university it self, but do I get like a voucher or something on the line of that and I have to gather the resources?

Just a little confused here is all, any information will help with this as I obviously haven't done this thing before. : )
(edited 1 year ago)
You get a list of the stuff they recommend and then you go to the supplier. It doesn’t actually involve the uni at all unless the equipment is like a person you need or additional funding being provided to the uni to support your education.
But if the equipment is say assistive tech for your laptop that’s all on you to get through the supplier x
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by Hellboy2476
Hello,

I'm going to Aberystwyth in September of 2023 and recently just finished my DSA assessment for Student Finance England.

Once the application is completely finished and all of the equipment has been stated as to what is required for my education... How do I go about collecting all of it?

I know that the finances for the equipment is given to the university it self, but do I get like a voucher or something on the line of that and I have to gather the resources?

Just a little confused here is all, any information will help with this as I obviously haven't done this thing before. : )

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're coming to Aberystwyth in September! It's a wonderful University :smile:
I would recommend that you get in touch with our Student Support Team on [email protected] . They will be able to provide you with the correct answers. There's more information on this web page also: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/studentservices/accessibility/disability-learning-support/

Please let me know if I can help with anything else at all :smile:
Anna

Quick Reply

Latest