The Student Room Group

Exam timetable

SO i got my exam timetable last week, and in May there is one week, where I have an exam every morning except for Friday. - I thought this was really bad and am getting stressed about it but does any1 have exams morning and afternoon of a day? - my mom said some do an exam morning AND afternoon to make me feel better is this true?
Original post by MadisonBailey06
SO i got my exam timetable last week, and in May there is one week, where I have an exam every morning except for Friday. - I thought this was really bad and am getting stressed about it but does any1 have exams morning and afternoon of a day? - my mom said some do an exam morning AND afternoon to make me feel better is this true?

The more GCSE you do the more likely it is that you will have a busy timetable. It is really common to have two exams in the same day. If it makes you feel any better lots of people will have two exams scheduled at the same time! They will often have to take one straight after the other or sometimes will be kept in isolation over lunch time and take the second in the afternoon. Some people will have 3 exams scheduled for the same day, don't think my hand could cope with all that writing.
Original post by gdunne42
The more GCSE you do the more likely it is that you will have a busy timetable. It is really common to have two exams in the same day. If it makes you feel any better lots of people will have two exams scheduled at the same time! They will often have to take one straight after the other or sometimes will be kept in isolation over lunch time and take the second in the afternoon. Some people will have 3 exams scheduled for the same day, don't think my hand could cope with all that writing.

OH MY GOSH im relatively lycky i could not cope with that stress!!!!

I thought they were spacing them out this year too!! whaaat
Original post by OllyWilson
I thought they were spacing them out this year too!! whaaat

I know like how do they expect people to do their best when they are so close together - its literally setting us up to get extremely stressed and fail basically
I remember (back in the dark ages) when I did mine, having more than one in a day was very common.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I remember (back in the dark ages) when I did mine, having more than one in a day was very common.

Did you do well?
Original post by madisonbailey06
did you do well?

a*aaabbbccc
(edited 1 year ago)
a*aaabbbccc

wowsers you did great lol
I have clashes in my timetable - I have Spanish listening followed by Spanish writing, and then I have to stay in the same room and get a 5 minute break before going straight into chem 1 :cry:
Some of my friends have 4 that day though because they also have geography that afternoon so it could be worse lmao
wowsers you did great lol

As we're on TSR where most people seem to aim for straight 9s / A*s I'm not sure if you're being genuine or sarcastic there, especially with the lol.

My grades served the purpose they were needed for. I got into my sixth form college of choice, and got into my uni of choice (an RG uni) to do the courses I wanted to do.
So it was sufficient.
They weren't utterly amazing grades but they weren't so bad either. I've never had a problem with them.
(edited 1 year ago)
As we're on TSR where most people seem to aim for straight 9s / A*s I'm not sure if you're being genuine or sarcastic there, especially with the lol.

My grades served the purpose they were needed for. I got into my sixth form college of choice, and got into my uni of choice (an RG uni) to do the courses I wanted to do.
So it was sufficient.
They weren't utterly amazing grades but they weren't so bad either. I've never had a problem with them.

no I was being absolutely genuine! I would be super pleased with them results if I got them this summer!
no I was being absolutely genuine! I would be super pleased with them results if I got them this summer!

Thank you

Yeah on TSR people do seem to reach for the highest grades possible, which is admirable of course, but not very reflective of the general population given that many people don't pass their GCSEs at all.

My daughter got 96666654 which I thought were perfectly respectable grades.
My eldest son has a 5 already. He's aiming for 4s or 5s for his other subjects (he's only taking four subjects in total).

Everyone is different, and GCSEs are, after all, just a means to an end. If they're sufficient for what you need them for, that's all that matters.

Quick Reply

Latest