The Student Room Group

Programs for Year 10s / Essay Competition

I want to boost my CV/records in general, is there any program available for this or just any Year 10 programs as well

Competitions would also help as well :smile:
Reply 1
Work experience/CV additions can be hard to find in year 10. If there's any companies that interest you it's always worth emailing to see if they're accepting anyone.

SpringPod is an online virtual work experience platform that is really useful for getting some experience you can put on your CV, and learn more about an industry. Might be useful?

Another good thing to boost a CV/general records is to just get involved with stuff. Volunteering is a brilliant way to do this - it doesn't have to be related to what you want to do, but it shows an employer your passion, and gives you skills like collaboration and teamwork you can write about on a CV. Joining any extracurriculars (e.g. after-school clubs) is also a good idea - again, giving teamwork skills, sometimes leadership skills and stuff you can speak about in an interview.

With regard to essays/competitions, what were you thinking of? Are you considering an English career or such, or do you want philosophical essay competitions or science essays, etc.? If the former or the second, many universities often hold essay competitions, you can find by just searching. There's also things like the Wilbur Niso Smith competition, etcetera.

I hope this helped! Best of luck with wherever you go in life :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending