The Student Room Group

MA in Planning Built Environments RTPI

Has anyone done this course before? Thinking of doing it at BCU. It's quite unheard of, I'm googling it to get more information and not getting much back.

Thank you
Original post by Independerella
Has anyone done this course before? Thinking of doing it at BCU. It's quite unheard of, I'm googling it to get more information and not getting much back.

Thank you

Hi @Independerella

I'd suggest you to try getting in touch with alumni and know what they say about their experience and the course structure. Hope this helps:smile:.

Kind regards
Reply 2
Hello, I do some of the teaching on the course, so please do ask any questions here (bearing in mind of course my potential biases!)

As far as possible we try to get assessments to simulate real world projects. eg: There's one module where we typically get students working on a real site together with real estate and building surveyors to come up with suitable solutions bearing in mind financial, heritage and planning constraints etc.

On the MA I'd estimate it's about 50/50 full time/part time with the majority of part time being funded by local authority planning departments who are their employers. From my experience most graduates then go on to similar work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending