The Student Room Group

Putting MOOC’s on ucas statement

I was looking into doing a mooc for psychology to mention in my personal statement but I’m a little put off by the price of completing the course with a certificate. Is completing the free version okay? Or do I need to pay for it in order to put it in my statement? If so, is it worth paying for?
Just do the course. The certificate is worthless for a UCAS application.
Reply 2
That’s what I’ll do Thank you
No worries. The value of a MOOC for an undergrad app is reflecting on how it links to your previous and future studies in your personal statement. IE. Tying it into your suitability and motivation. Unis don’t care whether you got a cert at the end of not.
Reply 4
Original post by zeekadziak
I was looking into doing a mooc for psychology to mention in my personal statement but I’m a little put off by the price of completing the course with a certificate. Is completing the free version okay? Or do I need to pay for it in order to put it in my statement? If so, is it worth paying for?

Just do a screenshot of the page which says you have completed the course,( this is valid for the vet courses ) although I very much doubt that a psychology department would ask for it.

The process of doing the mooc and the reflection is more valuable, the certificate is worthless, worth 0 UCAS points
Reply 6

Hey, where did you find Psychology MOOCs? I'm struggling to find free ones :smile:
Original post by milly262
Hey, where did you find Psychology MOOCs? I'm struggling to find free ones :smile:

Hey!

I personally used FutureLearn; I found them valuable for my undergrad and master's application so would definitely recommend as it demonstrates your interest in the subject! I think Harvard offer some free courses as well? Or they did around the pandemic, I'm not sure if they still do! :smile:

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending