The Student Room Group

SIP civil service 2024 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ak43xo
Me too

did you do the edip last year? i was rejected at the final stage so maybe they have my answers to the questions they asked from then but im not sure
Reply 21
Original post by anona1255

did you do the edip last year? i was rejected at the final stage so maybe they have my answers to the questions they asked from then but im not sure

Nope, I was expecting there to be more questions too but it just asked for your choice of region
Reply 22
Original post by Dimpledchin
How long was the wait between submitting additional info and interview invite ?

4 Days for me
Reply 23
so was that all that you answered? and have you heard back?

Yes that was all I answered and I heard back yesterday I'm through to the final interview
I got a telephone invite too .
Hey I’ve got my telephone interview too,I requested London & Yorkshire.I thought that there might be more questions or even a motivational essay but I’m not complaining
I was also wondering if we get a positive appraisal when we are through to the scheme do we enter into fast stream right after or is it the following year?x
did you guys get any questions to answer? I only got a question about the location preference but i expected more questions?

I emailed them to make sure, and they confirmed that this was the only question :smile:
Reply 29
Hey Everyone, just wanted to see how it's going for everyone. I had my telephone interview today.
Original post by Mimi3032
Hey Everyone, just wanted to see how it's going for everyone. I had my telephone interview today.

hey mine is on Wednesday, I was wondering if you could briefly say what type of questions they asked and how it went?? congrats for getting the interview and getting through it though!! :smile:
also was wondering if they asked what scheme we want to be placed in or if it's dependent on where they put us. I did the EDIP last year and wanted to do diplomacy but ended up in the pensions department lmao
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 31
Original post by jdiskalloasosks
hey mine is on Wednesday, I was wondering if you could briefly say what type of questions they asked and how it went?? congrats for getting the interview and getting through it though!! :smile:
also was wondering if they asked what scheme we want to be placed in or if it's dependent on where they put us. I did the EDIP last year and wanted to do diplomacy but ended up in the pensions department lmao

I think it went okay. I had this nice lady. She didn't ask what scheme I wanted or anything. We just sort of did an intro (hi how are you kinda thing) then went straight into the questions. In the guide, there are 4 strengths so I would just say have some good examples of when you demonstrated them and you should be good. It's a couple of questions on each strength. Said I should hear back either by the end of the year or in the new year

Good Luck!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 32
just had mine as well
Original post by delhibelly
just had mine as well

How did it go for you ?
Reply 34
How did it go for you ?

it was ok, the interviewer was very nice and it felt like a conversation.
Original post by delhibelly
it was ok, the interviewer was very nice and it felt like a conversation.

That’s really nice .
How long did it last for you ??
Reply 36
That’s really nice .
How long did it last for you ??

32 mins lol
Brill . Is it all questions like give an example where you demonstrated a certain behaviour or are there any technical questions too ??
Reply 38
Brill . Is it all questions like give an example where you demonstrated a certain behaviour or are there any technical questions too ??

just those strength questions really. nothing technical
Reply 39
Original post by jdiskalloasosks
xxxx

dont think you should be sharing this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending