The Student Room Group

SIP civil service 2024 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FarhanShaqib
Interviewed in December not heard anything back. Is it over for me?

I mean most people have only been told in the last week or so, it might still come through. Fingers crossed for you !!

Some people from last years SIP heard back in April, don’t lose hope yet 🥲

Had mine early January and still waiting too. It looks like most of the departments have sent out offers now. I think they are holding off from sending rejections yet because some ppl might not pass employment checks or might not take on the offer, so we’re just a backup option for them
Original post by Annie105x
I still haven't got one, it's stressing me so bad. I did get an email from the people team, I don't know if that's my department or if it is just who is dealing with everything.

I got that email as well but still haven't heard back about placement, I think its who is dealing with everything not a department
My preemployment checks were long done however not heard back about which is my department and location . Anybody else in the same boat ?
Original post by Dimpledchin
My preemployment checks were long done however not heard back about which is my department and location . Anybody else in the same boat ?

Me too :frown: checking emails every day!

Yes me too, it says on the job page it's been completed and awaiting a decision. But no update from department.
Reply 447
Same here. Hopefully we will find out soon :smile:
Did anyone else have to do references for their pre employment checks because I have been asked to now after I got an email?
Original post by spindly-garter
Did anyone else have to do references for their pre employment checks because I have been asked to now after I got an email?

No I wasn’t asked
tbf i'm still waiting on checks so my guess would be they want to clear as many ppl as possible before giving out allocations cause some ppl may be better suited for certain roles?
Any new offers being sent out? I still haven't heard back unfortunately...
got my place at energy security and net zero today. i applied for west midlands but the email says they'll deliver my equipment home. does that mean it is home office, has anyone gotten then and knows?
Original post by Minimini01
Any new offers being sent out? I still haven't heard back unfortunately...

Same here. If they’re sending offers out in Feb and March, today’s the last working day in March…
Original post by vicky.land675
got my place at energy security and net zero today. i applied for west midlands but the email says they'll deliver my equipment home. does that mean it is home office, has anyone gotten then and knows?

I got my place in the same department today as well, seems like we will know when the managers contact us. I don't reckon it will be from home, but they still have a work from home policy in place so I assume it will be a mix of at your accommodation and the office. But i'm just assuming!
I got my place in the same department today as well, seems like we will know when the managers contact us. I don't reckon it will be from home, but they still have a work from home policy in place so I assume it will be a mix of at your accommodation and the office. But i'm just assuming!

yeah could be both cause the email says that london ppl need to collect their equipment and the rest will get it home. what course do you do? i was surprised i got that department cause i do business and this department sounds quite science-y
Original post by vicky.land675
yeah could be both cause the email says that london ppl need to collect their equipment and the rest will get it home. what course do you do? i was surprised i got that department cause i do business and this department sounds quite science-y

Yea that's what I'm assuming! I do economics, politics and international relations so its a bit of a random one lmao. I didn't apply for west midlands though so I'm not sure where they will put us but good luck either way!
Yea that's what I'm assuming! I do economics, politics and international relations so its a bit of a random one lmao. I didn't apply for west midlands though so I'm not sure where they will put us but good luck either way!

What did you guys put as your preferences so scared I’ll get some random department I have no clue about x
Original post by aaaaahh11
What did you guys put as your preferences so scared I’ll get some random department I have no clue about x

I put economics and defence. Tbf its all linked to the subjects I do in a way I suppose ahah, but I think they will accommodate what you do in the department to what ur interests/course is. I hope so anyways!
Original post by aaaaahh11
i put everything but the science ones lool, but it shouldn't really be an issue where you go cause everyone gets the fast pass afterward

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending