The Student Room Group

SIP civil service 2024 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Glad the interviews went well guys, well done 😊 mine is tomorrow!
Reply 41
does anyone know how departments are allocated? I asked during the interview, but she was unaware and told me to email, but i thought id ask here first
Reply 42
Original post by luceyloo
does anyone know how departments are allocated? I asked during the interview, but she was unaware and told me to email, but i thought id ask here first

I'm not sure, but if they tell you could you post on here?
Reply 43
had my interview. how did people find it? Also the person taking my interview said I could hear back in Feb/Mar - is that the same for other people?
Reply 44
Original post by Mimi3032
Hey Everyone, just wanted to see how it's going for everyone. I had my telephone interview today.

Hi I had an interview as well. how did yours go? Did they tell you when you would hear back?
Reply 45
Original post by Pol91
had my interview. how did people find it? Also the person taking my interview said I could hear back in Feb/Mar - is that the same for other people?

I enjoyed mine! Felt engaging and like the interviewer was trying to help me do my best and bring out good answers

I was told I could expect to hear back in March/April but feedback on the interview (the notes they take) would be sent to us earlier
was wondering if everyones interview felt like a proper conversation,as in did you guys try to be technical with answers or just answered causually and relaxed with whatever answers and examples came to mind? x
Reply 47
Original post by elisaxgarcia122
was wondering if everyones interview felt like a proper conversation,as in did you guys try to be technical with answers or just answered causually and relaxed with whatever answers and examples came to mind? x

For me I definitely made sure I gave examples when it came to the 'think of a time when' questions but for me it did feel quite formal so I felt the need to make sure I was technical.
If you're yet to have your interview definitely pre-prepare some answers to each of the strengths and different examples you can give to bulk up your answers!
(edited 4 months ago)
Does anyone know if there have been any rejections at the online test level this year ?
Just wondering how many people are rejected at each stage ?
Reply 49
Original post by Asher0
I enjoyed mine! Felt engaging and like the interviewer was trying to help me do my best and bring out good answers

I was told I could expect to hear back in March/April but feedback on the interview (the notes they take) would be sent to us earlier

omg those notes would give an idea whether we got on or not
Reply 50
Original post by Asher0

hopefully we could get feedback ASAP
(edited 4 months ago)
People who have had their interview - did the interviewer call you on time?
Original post by greenbananas
People who have had their interview - did the interviewer call you on time?

Yes
Reply 53
I emailed about department allocations, they said will we have an opportunity to state preferences when we hear back - this will be mid feb apparently.
(edited 4 months ago)
Finished my interview today . Lasted only 20 min . Is there anyone else who had their interview for only 20 min ? Don’t know what to make of it .
Original post by Dimpledchin
Finished my interview today . Lasted only 20 min . Is there anyone else who had their interview for only 20 min ? Don’t know what to make of it .

Hi. My interview lasted the full 30 minutes as expected. I have read forums from previous years and do recall there being a comment saying that their interview was 20 minutes. Would you say your answers were extensive? Also any idea when we will find out?
Original post by sophieclimpson1
Hi. My interview lasted the full 30 minutes as expected. I have read forums from previous years and do recall there being a comment saying that their interview was 20 minutes. Would you say your answers were extensive? Also any idea when we will find out?

Yes my answers had examples . Also I speak. Very fast so maybe that . She had no clue about the time of the outcome .
Reply 57
Yes my answers had examples . Also I speak. Very fast so maybe that . She had no clue about the time of the outcome .

there was a set question list they go through so i think you must’ve just spoken quickly because they don’t end it earlier
Original post by mh193728
there was a set question list they go through so i think you must’ve just spoken quickly because they don’t end it earlier

Ok thanks a lot . This is assuring
Reply 59

Did you also ask questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending