The Student Room Group

SIP civil service 2024 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sophieclimpson1
So when are we finding out then? Is it January or February? Or March?

pretty sure it's from late feb to early march. thats what my interviewer said
Original post by delhibelly
also when deciding who to offer the internship do they include scores from the online tests as well ? or just interview ?

On the pdf document it said both would be used, but I'm not sure if the 'online application' referred to the tests or to things like location preference and background information. Hoping it's the tests because I did not feel great after the phone call haha!!
Reply 82
I had my interview today so think we will find out around February time
Reply 83
Hi did anyone else's interview last less than 30–35 minutes? Mine only lasted 18 minutes and I am quite concerned it did not last the full interview time.
Original post by anna.sxx
Hi did anyone else's interview last less than 30–35 minutes? Mine only lasted 18 minutes and I am quite concerned it did not last the full interview time.

Hi mine was 20 min too and like you I was concerned too . But it is what it is .
Reply 85
Original post by Dimpledchin
Hi mine was 20 min too and like you I was concerned too . But it is what it is .

I don't quite know why it only lasted 18 minutes. I gave pretty lengthy answers to all the questions and I asked some questions at the end.
Hi guys, were you also interviewed by a first year fast streamer?
Original post by anna.sxx
I don't quite know why it only lasted 18 minutes. I gave pretty lengthy answers to all the questions and I asked some questions at the end.

Same , I thought my answers were detailed but then I attributed it to speaking too fast . There was one question where I got a bit nervous and didn’t give a good answer .
Reply 88
Original post by nikitoskolos

Yes, I think so.
Reply 89
Original post by Dimpledchin
Same , I thought my answers were detailed but then I attributed it to speaking too fast . There was one question where I got a bit nervous and didn’t give a good answer .

Maybe it was because I was speaking too fast. Idk, I just feel that my chances of getting the internship are slimmer now. It can't be the best sign that the interview wasn't full-length.
Reply 90
Original post by nikitoskolos

Mine was a second year fast streamer.
Hi! Was just wondering if anyone applying for the 2024 summer internship has had any response yet? I know some people had their interviews in December so just wondering if they have had an answer yet?
Original post by Bethanelodie
Hi! Was just wondering if anyone applying for the 2024 summer internship has had any response yet? I know some people had their interviews in December so just wondering if they have had an answer yet?

interviewed in Dec, no news yet
Original post by Bethanelodie

I'm assuming they'll let people know once they've interviewed everyone. Interviews are still going on.
So could anyone confirm when we are hearing back? Is it February or March?
Reply 95
Original post by sophieclimpson1
So could anyone confirm when we are hearing back? Is it February or March?

I think its either
Reply 96
anyone heard anything yet / have updates?
Original post by Plinybith

No not yet
Reply 98
Original post by Plinybith

No updates yet. My best bet would be sometime during mid of February to the start of March, but only time will tell 🤔
Reply 99
Hi! Does anyone know how we’ll be assigned to the departments if we’re successful? I can’t remember if we had to select the ones we prefer at the start of the application as it’s been so long 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending