The Student Room Group

Legal advice regarding a refund.

I recently booked to get hair extensions done and I paid a deposit of £95 (1/2 the total price) upon booking. Prior to this I had gone for a consultation at the salon where they told me what service I needed to book and told me to ring up and book an appointment if I wanted to go ahead with it.

I did and turned up to the booked appointment where they told me that they didn't have any stock in to match my hair colour. I had thought it was very weird they did not colour match my hair at the consultation but I have never had extensions before and trusted they knew what they were doing.

They told me I had 2 options: wait for stock to come in or get a refund. They said that they would ring me the following day and tell me when the stock was coming in and then I could decide if I wanted a refund or not. They did not call me today so I called at the end of the day and they said their card machine was broken (I paid by online bank transfer) and something about ringing me back immediately, which they didn't do. I know it has only been a day but I have a bad feeling about this.

Please can someone advise me what my legal rights are and what my first steps should be if they continue to be awkward and not give me the refund. I know it may seem like a small amount of money to some but £100 is a lot to a student and it's also an issue of principle; they cannot behave like this.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending