The Student Room Group

NINE DTP Applicants 24/25

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have just received today the email (around 9-10 am) stating that I have been nominated for the final selection committee.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by E11es
All my communication has come from the department’s postgrad admin, maybe check with them?
Thanks! I will. I don't mind getting all my communications via my proposed supervisor but don't want to miss an offer email or anything super important.
Reply 22
Original post by Namakii
I thought I would just be a bit of fun to create this forum for other applicants to discuss the process and the outcomes of NINE DTP applications. I saw a similar forum for previous years so I thought it would be good to help support one another through the waiting phase.
What university are you currently at?
What pathway and scheme did you apply for?

Hey,

I have applied for the criminology prisons pathway with Durham, I don’t currently study anywhere i work for HMPPS so applied to do a collaborative PhD with them:

anyone heard anything from the final panel yet? I know it took place yesterday according to the website :smile:.
Reply 23
I haven´t heard anything yet. I heard from a person that last year received the scholarship that he was notified until late April, so I think we will need to wait ☹️
Reply 24
Original post by Joel42
I haven´t heard anything yet. I heard from a person that last year received the scholarship that he was notified until late April, so I think we will need to wait ☹️

Oh gosh i hope not! they were so quick with the other stages hopefully they won’t take that long!
Reply 25
Original post by SerRow
Oh gosh i hope not! they were so quick with the other stages hopefully they won’t take that long!

I hope so. Actually, when I was notified by my department that I made it to the final committee, I was told that the outcome would be known "in the weeks following the meeting of the committee". But let´s see, this waiting is causing me lots of anxiety :frown:
Reply 26
Original post by Joel42
I hope so. Actually, when I was notified by my department that I made it to the final committee, I was told that the outcome would be known "in the weeks following the meeting of the committee". But let´s see, this waiting is causing me lots of anxiety :frown:

Ahhh when I was notified the department said I would likely hear in April/May! So who knows
Reply 27
Has anyone else heard back? I heard today from Durham, sadly didn’t get a spot but got reserve. Gutted!
Original post by Namakii
I thought I would just be a bit of fun to create this forum for other applicants to discuss the process and the outcomes of NINE DTP applications. I saw a similar forum for previous years so I thought it would be good to help support one another through the waiting phase.

I applied to the Human Geography pathway and just got my acceptance
Reply 29
I got my acceptance for Durham 🙂
Reply 30
Original post by Aliasa91
I applied to the Human Geography pathway and just got my acceptance

Would you mind saying if this is the domestic or international pathway? Just wanting to know as I got the reserve slot of the Human Geography International pathway and was wanting to know my chances to get funded 😬
Original post by Jay-410
Would you mind saying if this is the domestic or international pathway? Just wanting to know as I got the reserve slot of the Human Geography International pathway and was wanting to know my chances to get funded 😬

Home students
Reply 32
Original post by Aliasa91
Home students

Congratulations! thanks for this info
Original post by Namakii

Hello! No news for me. I applied through Northumberia for the 3.5 Health, Well-Being & Society pathway. Fingers crossed... I'm checking my emails every half hour.
Original post by Joel42
I got my acceptance for Durham 🙂

Congrats!!!
Just had an email
I'm on the reserve list.
Reply 36
Original post by Berta123
Just had an email
I'm on the reserve list.

Good luck
Reply 37
Original post by Berta123