The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Splinter
I was wondering whether anyone here has applied to either of these schemes, got places on them, or has already been on one? I have my interview coming up and i was wondering if any of you could shed some advice, as I have no idea what to expect.

Many thanks

Splinter, do you know what the deadlines for these schemes are? I was going to apply to the PWC one, but the deadline has expired. :frown:
Reply 2
KPMG and Deloitte i think deadlines are soon, perhaps may or june, so i'd apply now while you can.
I still need advice for interviews tho..
Reply 3
Splinter
KPMG and Deloitte i think deadlines are soon, perhaps may or june, so i'd apply now while you can.
I still need advice for interviews tho..

I had my KPMG interview last week, and got confirmation I had got the job today!

Make sure you have examples for all the 'key compantancies' that KPMG list on their GRADUATE entry website. Also, you should know about the current state of the business world (failing firms, good firms and why they suceed).
Reply 4
I had my Deloitte interview today, i wont give you any advice until i know how ive done because i dont want to misadvise you but ill give you a shout asap
Wstroud
I had my Deloitte interview today, i wont give you any advice until i know how ive done because i dont want to misadvise you but ill give you a shout asap

Liar; you just don't want to tip people off until you've got the job. :wink:
Reply 6
haha, well the interview was very tough so im not convinced that ill get the placement - all i would say is make sure you do some research on their website.
Wstroud
haha, well the interview was very tough so im not convinced that ill get the placement - all i would say is make sure you do some research on their website.

Good luck with Deloitte! I've got a friend who had an interview there a couple of months ago for the selfsame scheme - he did absolutely no prep! I don't know what he was thinking, but needless to say he didn't get the job.
Reply 8
yeah cheers, i need all the luck i can get with this one!
Wstroud
yeah cheers, i need all the luck i can get with this one!

No problem. Have you applied for a particular division for the gap year at Deloitte? Or is that decided at a later date/not at all?
Reply 10
um, they asked me which area i would prefer and i said consulting, solely on the basis that i own my own business and i think it would be most beneficial to me.

Latest