The Student Room Group

accepting a deferred entry in 2006

i am an overseas applicant and have been recently accepted for entry in 2006 to do Law in LSE. Does the acceptance deadline of July 1 apply for a deferred entry like mine? If it does, can the deadline be extended on a case by case basis? my concern is basically that i will be trying out for a scholarship that is only holding interviews at the start of next yr, and it is a crucial factor in determining my ability to receive an overseas education.

along the same lines, regardless of private funding or via a local scholarship, both constitutes overseas funding right?
how do i go about verifying my overseas fees status? where can i get the verification form, who do i post it to and by when?
Reply 1
acceptance deadlines are the same whether you're deferring your entry or not. I think you can do the scholarship thing anyway but I'm not sure, you'd better check with the organisers and/or your uni. As for funding, I don't know about overseas, but I don't do anything about mine until about this time next year, but you'd probably best ask your uni (who might not be able to tell you, but will almost certainly know how you ought to ask), or your local/national student finance people, or the UK student finance people (at www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk), or maybe your school?
Reply 2
Madelyn
acceptance deadlines are the same whether you're deferring your entry or not. I think you can do the scholarship thing anyway but I'm not sure, you'd better check with the organisers and/or your uni. As for funding, I don't know about overseas, but I don't do anything about mine until about this time next year, but you'd probably best ask your uni (who might not be able to tell you, but will almost certainly know how you ought to ask), or your local/national student finance people, or the UK student finance people (at www.studentfinancedirect.co.uk), or maybe your school?

thanks a lot for the advice... sigh i think i will just accept this yr and pray that i get funding next yr... hopefully i don have to pull out eventually (i wonder how much i will get fined for)

Latest