The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alarae
It would have been quicker for me to do it unfortunately, otherwise I would have made him count it!

I got the short straw of being the only till open Saturday morning so I couldn't say no. The old ladies behind him told him off for it though :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could have argued it though, it's not legal tender to pay in silver for an amount over £5 so you could have just refused :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A customer once asked to complain to the manager because she gave me a Scottish tenner, and she went to open her mouth and I said "I know - it's legal tender!" in a mock-Scot accent :tongue: the awkward moment when I was acting-manager for the day ..
Original post by thatg
Customers that don't understand that they can't fill up a certain container with fuel, or they can only fill up a certain amount of containers.

Had someone try to fill up a big plastic drum today, they're never happy when you tell them they can't do something.

A case of the customer is NOT always right!

Where I work now, I've been told "the customer isn't always right, but the customer always comes first."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Skip_Snip
That's why I ask. Sometimes the cashiers aren't attempting to make eye contact with/catch the attention of queuing customers, so it's hard to tell if they're cashing up/grabbing stuff/fannying around for whatever reason.

I get asked if I'm open, even if I'm standing up, making eye contact, smiling, and saying hello. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thomas888b
I get asked if I'm open, even if I'm standing up, making eye contact, smiling, and saying hello. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okaaaayyy I'm with you there, it is a bit dumb to ask in those circumstances :tongue:
When I go shopping for something I do sometimes see some people making life hell for staff, I remember this one guy tried to start a fight with an assistant in primark for "checking out his girl" when she came up to the assistant and asked him for help while I was trying to get to Arndale

My parents also sometimes do annoying things you wish they didn't, like taking the little things a bit too far, I mean I get why they do it, but they drag me into it and I'm not all that bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you girls who work in shops/restaurants etc hate when guys check you out or are flirty with you - while at work?
Had a customer at work today who was rude.
Was on tills and we have to sign the boxes of shoes to say we've pair checked them, etc and I told the customer this as he asked me and then he was like oh so we can blame you if anything's wrong with them blah, blah, blah and I was like right then 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlphaTango
Do you girls who work in shops/restaurants etc hate when guys check you out or are flirty with you - while at work?

I don't totally hate it - I mean, I have a boyfriend but they aren't to know that! If you're being friendly that's fine, but it's usually the case that guys are really creepy or just trying to mess with me instead. If you genuinely like the look of a girl and you want to have a bit of flirty banter then go for it, but don't be a dick about it (e.g. 'Oi, give us ya number!'/'Hey sexy'/anything else obnoxious) :smile:
Original post by NickyJWatkinson
I don't totally hate it - I mean, I have a boyfriend but they aren't to know that! If you're being friendly that's fine, but it's usually the case that guys are really creepy or just trying to mess with me instead. If you genuinely like the look of a girl and you want to have a bit of flirty banter then go for it, but don't be a dick about it (e.g. 'Oi, give us ya number!'/'Hey sexy'/anything else obnoxious) :smile:

I'm ashamed to say I once saw my dad trying to do this (flirty banter) just because he sees loads of people doing it and he assumed it was "normal" I don't know if he still does I don't go to that store with him anymore, he goes very regularly for his business supplies. I was truly embarrassed and lost for words at the time, I just walked off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like it I was working in a law firm and a guy came in and was like "hiii gorgeous." He was like my dad's age. I just kinda looked at him disapprovingly.
Original post by lyrical_lie
I don't like it I was working in a law firm and a guy came in and was like "hiii gorgeous." He was like my dad's age. I just kinda looked at him disapprovingly.

He looked at you like :sexface: and you were like :unimpressed: correct?

Anyway, do Tutees count as customers because one I had in the past, he was so annoying, this kid wouldn't listen to anything I said and would constantly waste time and piss me off, I wanted to punch in in the face and knock him out

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't mean so much creepy old men but there used to be quite a few students/young guys who would always overly-flirt with the girls I worked with at a well known restaurant and as a guy it used to bug me but the girls liked the attention, wondering what the TSRians thought haha.
I don't mean so much creepy old men but there used to be quite a few students/young guys who would always overly-flirt with the girls I worked with at a well known restaurant and as a guy it used to bug me but the girls liked the attention, wondering what the TSRians thought haha.

Creepy old men are probably not as annoying as teenagers/students who are trying to look hard/like a player in front of their mates; the problem with people being inappropriate when you're at work is it's difficult to call them out on it because they're a paying customer.
Creepy old men are probably not as annoying as teenagers/students who are trying to look hard/like a player in front of their mates; the problem with people being inappropriate when you're at work is it's difficult to call them out on it because they're a paying customer.

I guess that's opinions, I find both as bad as each other for different reasons.

But I agree with your point, I think if somebody says something inappropriate a staff member should have every right to tell them to **** off. But them being a customer gives them some power :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
He looked at you like :sexface: and you were like :unimpressed: correct?

Anyway, do Tutees count as customers because one I had in the past, he was so annoying, this kid wouldn't listen to anything I said and would constantly waste time and piss me off, I wanted to punch in in the face and knock him out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prettyyyy much lol. When I'm working in a professional place I would expect them to act professionally too. When I worked in criminal they were always so much nicer. Immigration not so much.
Prettyyyy much lol. When I'm working in a professional place I would expect them to act professionally too. When I worked in criminal they were always so much nicer. Immigration not so much.

Maybe they think that if they are well off you'd be more interested, but tbh no matter where you work this sort of stuff is probably going to happen, Monica Lewinski is a case in point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a customer come and complain that there is food missing from their order, I didn't serve them but apologized and asked what was missing. Turns out it was basically two meals missing, so I asked them how much the paid and they said 99p *facepalm* Seriously would they not notice something is wrong when they try and pay 99p for two big meals...
Reply 9938
I'm a huge stickler. I don't see how it's annoying wanting the full and best experience for your pay.
Original post by L0L!
I'm a huge stickler. I don't see how it's annoying wanting the full and best experience for your pay.

Sometimes it's not that, that is perfectly understandable, it's more being a huge pain in the ass and stuff rather than being picky

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending