Open results with friends.26%
Open results without friends.10%
Go in on your own, open results on your own.13%
Celebrate with family that day.14%
Be going to a party that night, to get crazy drunk.13%
Have a quiet day in.8%
Other.4%
Total votes: 144
I have alway wondered what actually happens on results day? Like what time do you have to get there, where do you go and do you like get an envelope or are all the results on boards?

I haven't had a letter from my school yet about it and there is 11 days to go, I'm really nervous.

Scroll to see replies

At my school it's in envelopes (unless it is January where we asked our teachers separately before we got the collated list).

It would be pretty confusing if you had to go to 10 different locations for each result.

Actually, I missed my GCSE results day, by I'm just assuming AS is the same as GCSE.
Reply 2
We had to pick ours up from school after 10am in the morning, but our Edexcel results were online earlier. If you've done any GCSEs on Edexcel you'll have been given a code on how to access it. Phone your school if you're worried; if not I'm sure they'll be in contact.
Reply 3
After 10am you collect your results, and Edexcel publishes the results earlier online:smile:
10:00- Results.
10:03- Suicide.

Durr.
at my school (and college for AS) we went in about 10:30-11 in the morning and got an envelope with your results in

i think it's university results where they're on a board
Reply 6
Pick up results
celebrate/comiserate
Go drinking

s'what I did :biggrin:
A general format might be,

you go in and on tables are your results in paper format, all the different boards have a seperate sheet. (how it was for me)
you go in and on table are envelopes with your name on and results inside them.

Why would it be on a board?You receive a statement of your results.
Reply 8
At my school you go in from 9ish, and your results are in envelopes on tables. You open your results and celebrate/cry. You go home.
Oh I've suddenly realised how nervous I am.
Reply 10
At my school we collect them at 11am ¬_¬ If it's anything like the time I received a few results in year 10 then a teacher, situated at a desk in the hall, will hand me an envelope containing the grades.
Reply 11
You go and get your results, you open them and then you (and your mates) DRINK like theres no tomorow
Reply 12
It varies from school to school. My school opened at between 8-8:30am, and literally everyone had there results by 9am. It was quite amazing considering its a bunch of teenagers who mostly haven't woken by that early for more than six weeks.

If they don't contact you via post/email etc. (mine didn't) check there website - I assume most schools have one unless really small. They will usually update it there, though don't assume anything.

When your actually there you pretty much pick them up in envelopes, and I think thats the standard. Don't worry about that, thats the easy part! It's trying to avoid teachers and the like from hounding over you as you open them thats difficult.

Then we had chats to confirm choices and get help etc. though again, it varies from school to school. Hope this helps!
Olivia_Lightbulb
Oh I've suddenly realised how nervous I am.

I wouldn't be. If you ****** up (which I doubt), you did that ages ago. It's no use ruining your summer, because nothing you can do now will change things anyway?

I would enjoy your summer, and leave thinking about results day till results day! :yep:
Reply 14
I think I will cry...

Then actually read my result :awesome: Seriously I am ******** myself!
11 days!! :eek:
You know the day is already doomed when your schools site says "GCSE Results Day - Thursday 28 August" :l

But besides that it's not gonna be a great day. One of my A-level choices are hanging on a thread, so hopefully I passed (doubt it, really really bad week doing 7 exams in four days) or I'm begging on enrolment day :tongue: My teachers love me though so it might work LOL
Reply 17
Yeah my school haven't told us a thing about results day
You die.

Im joking. Just turn up at a reasonable time and your school will probably have some sort of a system in place..

makingamemory
You know the day is already doomed when your schools site says "GCSE Results Day - Thursday 28 August" :l

:lol:
Reply 19
Serendipity &#9829
10:00- Results.
10:03- Suicide.

Durr.

Pretty much sums up what I'm going to do :yep:

Latest