The Student Room Group

TSR's Movie Madness

Scroll to see replies

Voila!

I would also like to enter my boyfriend's chart, if that's OK? :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 41
Can't decide between pulp fiction & a clockwork orange...such a difficult one to call :laugh:
And forrest gump vs toy story 3 :erm:

Although most of my predictions are likely to be off anyway :o:
(edited 12 years ago)
This was fun. I decided to be competitive and pick what I thought TSR users would vote for rather than my personal favourites, so I had to keep letting LOTR win through gritted teeth ... [Edit: Having said this, I'll probably lose spectacularly .. ]

My hardest pick was The Silence of the Lambs vs. American History X. How??
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by soulofanewmachine
This was fun. I decided to be competitive and pick what I thought TSR users would vote for rather than my personal favourites, so I had to keep letting LOTR win through gritted teeth ... [Edit: Having said this, I'll probably lose spectacularly .. ]

My hardest pick was The Silence of the Lambs vs. American History X. How??

I kind of went for a mix between what TSRians would pick and what I would like to win.

LOTR and Star Wars kept on winning, much to my utter chagrin! There were some tough calls in there though.
I'm making no pretences at being a movie buff, but here's mine :biggrin:

Also, everyone above me should now been edited into Phalanges' post #2. If we've missed anyone, please post again to let us know. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Goddamit Phalanges. >_> Some of these are really difficult. XD

I hope everyone liked Amelie as much as I did... :redface:

I know i'm grossly wrong about some, but I can't help it - I love a lot of these movies and I want them all to share 1st prize... in an ideal world maybe... where my chair is made of candy floss and my drinks are all 0 calorie strawberry milkshakes. :love:
Original post by Kagutsuchi
Goddamit Phalanges. >_> Some of these are really difficult. XD

I hope everyone liked Amelie as much as I did... :redface:

I know i'm grossly wrong about some, but I can't help it - I love a lot of these movies and I want them all to share 1st prize... in an ideal world maybe... where my chair is made of candy floss and my drinks are all 0 calorie strawberry milkshakes. :love:

I love Amélie, but I just don't think it would beat LOTR :frown:
Original post by Ice_Queen
I love Amélie, but I just don't think it would beat LOTR :frown:

I thought so too, but my first draft had LOTR two towers vs LOTR Return of the king in the finals. :giggle:

And Amelie is just so charming. :love:
What Satanic creature devised these fiendish choices? Silence Of The Lambs vs American History X? Reservoir Dogs vs The Good, The Bad And The Ugly? How am I supposed to make these choices?!
Reply 49
here's my terrible predictions;
Original post by paddy__power
Some of those choices are really hard.

Eternal Sunshine and TSSR are both excellent films.

Some definitely are tough. In quite a few ties I'd have wanted both films to get through to later stages, where as in others I don't care too much for either. But that's what happens in draws isn't it :smile:

My predictions are also attached. I didn't pick based on my preferences, so the results would be slightly different. Rather I went for what I thought the TSR community could go for. Let's see just how wrong I'll be!
I hated how my two favourite films Pulp Fiction and Shawshank were on the same side :emo: It was also hard choosing (eventually) between Fight Club and Star Wars - A New Hope :sad:
Reply 52
some tough choices, but i'm happy with Shawshank finishing up as the winner and would possibly choose that myself out of that list.

Cool idea btw :top:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 53
Some of the hardest decisions in my life were made in this Excel file...

Inception v. Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump v. Schlinder's List
Dark Knight v. Fight Club

:afraid:
Reply 54
I made some predictions.
It was.... brutal. Haha.
Also, the formatting #*?!'d up as I don't have MS Office (used Open Office <_<) but the boxes are all there so it's still legible :P
They were absolutely awful choices, I agree. I nearly tossed a coin for Inception vs. Shawshank!

The problem with this is that we need as many people as possible - I predicted from TSR as a whole, but if only the film buffs are seeing it... everyone needs to put this in their sig!
Right, done. Chomp chomp bitches!
Reply 58
Here's mine :smile:
Watched quite a few but not a movie buff at all...

Quick Reply

Latest