The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5600
I'm just watching it now. LOL at @tell me you wanna marry me :rofl2:
Original post by Lights
The reveal is in Feb and the aftermath will last for two years, according to what I just read on Digital Spy.

I think it's all ridiculous to be honest but don't expect anything less from EE!

Link to the DS source?
Reply 5602
^^ probably was read on the digital spy forums not the website itself.
Reply 5603
Original post by The Stig
Link to the DS source?

Yeah, it was on the forums...can't seem to find it again!
Original post by Sparko13
Bets on this all coming out in the open next Xmas? I hate it when storylines drag on for so long, as this clearly will!

I don't think the storyline goes on longer than

Spoiler

Original post by Pisces94
Poor Kat is trending..

Oh, the humanity. Returning to find her baby has turned into a prosthetic doll.
Wondering how many people noticed Whitney's bra change colour?

I missed it, but heard my mum go "Whitney's bra was white a second ago".
Poor Charlie. There's no doubt he'll blame himself.
OMG! It does change colour!

Around 4:54 it's White.
Around 10:35 it's Black.
Original post by Converse
No it's not. Idiot.

Don't call me an idiot! How frigging rude! :mad:

Original post by Lights
The reveal is in Feb and the aftermath will last for two years, according to what I just read on Digital Spy.

I think it's all ridiculous to be honest but don't expect anything less from EE!

This is what I meant. There's a huge anti-Bryan Kirkwood vibe on DS at the moment. :tongue:
Original post by diamonddust
Don't call me an idiot! How frigging rude! :mad:

Well you have to be pretty thick to believe the story-line is going to be dragged on for two years.
But lets leave it at that.
Original post by Converse
Well you have to be pretty thick to believe the story-line is going to be dragged on for two years.
But lets leave it at that.

Oh right, so when Shane Ritchie said the baby swap storyline would be 'the biggest soap storyline of all time and would go on for two years' in an interview, I suppose he was being thick too? I know Shane Ritchie isn't the smartest of people, but seriously.... stop. You're being a complete ****hole and there's no reason for it. :rolleyes:
I can't find the article right now, but like I said there's no reason to be so ******* rude! :mad:
It was a genuine mistake, but I suppose geniuses like you don't ever type the wrong thing, no?
Original post by i'm no superman

Exactly what I was thinking. Poor sod :frown:
Reply 5613
Oh right, so when Shane Ritchie said the baby swap storyline would be 'the biggest soap storyline of all time and would go on for two years' in an interview, I suppose he was being thick too? I know Shane Ritchie isn't the smartest of people, but seriously.... stop. You're being a complete ****hole and there's no reason for it. :rolleyes:
I can't find the article right now, but like I said there's no reason to be so ******* rude! :mad:
It was a genuine mistake, but I suppose geniuses like you don't ever type the wrong thing, no?

I thought he said it COULD go on for two years, not that it will? :confused:
Reply 5614
Original post by i'm no superman

Yep, really crushing. I just felt uncomfortable for the whole episode, and probably for more episodes to come, because of the effects of the swap. Really strange, usually I like tragedy in EE but this is just weird.
Original post by mel0n
The reveal for it has already been filmed though, suggesting it'll last about 6-8 weeks or so.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1417207

Found the thread on DS. :smile:
Shane Ritchie originally said it would go on for 2 years (!) but I'm glad they've cut the storyline run short. I have no idea why it's running in the first place, to be honest, isn't cot death bad enough without adding another dimension of trauma- and unlikely BS? Aw well, that's EE. :redface:
Reply 5616
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1417207

Found the thread on DS. :smile:
Shane Ritchie originally said it would go on for 2 years (!) but I'm glad they've cut the storyline run short. I have no idea why it's running in the first place, to be honest, isn't cot death bad enough without adding another dimension of trauma- and unlikely BS? Aw well, that's EE. :redface:

Thanks for it :smile: Didn't mean to undermine what you were saying, I genuinely thought that Shane Richie had said that it has the potential to and not that it certainly will! I don't like the idea of this storyline going on for SO long, but at the same time I think that it being 4 weeks long doesn't make it as HUUUGE and as mad a storyline as it has been made out to be. I admit that the whole idea of cot death and then stealing someone else's baby is a big thing but 4 to 6 weeks from now - when will they reveal it, in a normal episode I guess?! The 'big' storylines are usually given a more significant time of year for a reveal :dontknow: meh just my opinion. I would have got tired with it being really long though.
Original post by mel0n
I thought he said it COULD go on for two years, not that it will? :confused:

Yeah, you're probably right. :sigh: Sorry, my brain is shot and I don't have the interview to hand.

Edit: Saw your last post, and dw, you haven't undermined what I said. Just having a bad day and people calling me an idiot isn't really helping.:rolleyes:
Think I'm going to call it a night and stop trying to type!

Original post by melon
I admit that the whole idea of cot death and then stealing someone else's baby is a big thing but 4 to 6 weeks from now - when will they reveal it, in a normal episode I guess?

I don't know, I guess so... :confused: The last reveal I can remember is Christian and Syed when Amira left and that was under Santer. That was pretty much an episode dedicated to the reveal wasn't it?

I think the current producer is a bit different to the old one in terms of storyline pacing. Santer used to make storylines drag out forever and by the time it was revealed we were either bored or sitting on the edge of our seats. This might just be me but I'm not feeling like any *big* storylines are brewing at the moment, everything that's happening seems a bit bitty and not cohesive. The baby storyline could have been good but I feel like it was doomed before it even started... if they're going to reveal it in 4-6 weeks, they owe it to the 'story' (ahem) to make the reveal huge. That's pretty much the vibe I'm getting from Kirkwood so far tbh, he introduces a possibly interesting story and either forgets about it completely (where's Zainab's first husband gone to?) or resolves it in a matter of weeks and starts another non-storyline. There's no anticipation. I didn't like how Santer draaaaagged storylines out but I also don't like storylines that are too short. Surely there has to be some sort of medium? :dontknow:

In regards to the baby-swap reveal, I suppose we'll hear more closer to the time. I wonder what will happen to Ronnie? The only thing I can think of is sectioning if they want to bring Sam Womack back... Hmmm.

:getmecoat:
Just watched all episodes since Boxing Day back-to-back -- what a week!

The thing is, you have a brain, you don't have to take everything someone says literally. You can think for yourself. What if I were to tell you that you are going to die today? Would you believe me? No (hopefully). Like the way you weren't able to find the article though:rolleyes: Why the mention of genii? I never said I was a genius. Also its irrelevant, you don't need to be a genius to know that the storyline isn't going to last for two years.

Also, I wasn't trying to offend you, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't use such awful profanities:wink:

Edit: After reading this page, I see that you don't posses the ability to even hear properly:rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest