The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Of_the_hook
Syed has always been somewhat spineless though, how many times did he promise Christian he would come clean to his parents? I don't think he wants children atm and there's still a bit of guilt for being with Christian without Zainab/Masood's blessings. So him leaving it too late to talk to Christian wasn't surprising.

I cringe at how desperate Roxy is. I don't like the whole "in love" with her gay best friend thing cos it was so much better seeing them as friends and loved how she was there for Christian after the beating and the reveal. She already said "Amy will have baby brother or sister" so she isn't considering the kid as Syed and Christian's :rolleyes: I can already see she isn't going to want to hand the baby over after its born and will probably use that to cause trouble for Christian/Syed or even try to get with Christian despite knowing he's gay.

I agree with you on the main points of your post but why do people always think Syed's spineless? Because I know if I was forced to choose between my family and the person I love, I wouldn't know where to begin to choose either. People say Syed kept flip flopping but to be fair to him, he told Christian all along he was going to marry Amira, it's only towards the end of his marriage that he promised Christian he'd tell his parents and then he didn't and Christian (rightly) got annoyed and pulled down the wallpaper and started the reveal.

Syed was a bit 'Dont come near me' and then 'I don't want to not have you in my life' which was confusing but he never SAID he'd do anything other than be with Amira despite knowing he was gay and loves Christian. The only reason Syed married Amira was because he didn't want to cause his PARENTS shame, I don't think sacrificing your personal happiness for your family is spineless, I think it's entirely misguided especially when your parents dont care about your happiness and are hypocritical like Zainab and Masood but people seem to forget Syed always tried to do the 'right' thing. It's just doing the right thing is rather difficult when you're being pulled in all directions. I wouldn't want to be in Syed's situation a year ago. But yeah, Syed= not spineless. Unless I'm the only one who remembers him shouting at his dad over the hotel situation with Jane...
I understand why he didn't tell Christian, he always tries to please other people and he wants Christian to be happy so he's not saying anything- wrong in my book.
Aw well, at least tomorrow

Spoiler

Sorry for the essay! I tend to get a bit defensive of fictional Syed!
Original post by diamonddust
I agree with you on the main points of your post but why do people always think Syed's spineless? Because I know if I was forced to choose between my family and the person I love, I wouldn't know where to begin to choose either. People say Syed kept flip flopping but to be fair to him, he told Christian all along he was going to marry Amira, it's only towards the end of his marriage that he promised Christian he'd tell his parents and then he didn't and Christian (rightly) got annoyed and pulled down the wallpaper and started the reveal.

Syed was a bit 'Dont come near me' and then 'I don't want to not have you in my life' which was confusing but he never SAID he'd do anything other than be with Amira despite knowing he was gay and loves Christian. The only reason Syed married Amira was because he didn't want to cause his PARENTS shame, I don't think sacrificing your personal happiness for your family is spineless, I think it's entirely misguided especially when your parents dont care about your happiness and are hypocritical like Zainab and Masood but people seem to forget Syed always tried to do the 'right' thing. It's just doing the right thing is rather difficult when you're being pulled in all directions. I wouldn't want to be in Syed's situation a year ago. But yeah, Syed= not spineless. Unless I'm the only one who remembers him shouting at his dad over the hotel situation with Jane...
I understand why he didn't tell Christian, he always tries to please other people and he wants Christian to be happy so he's not saying anything- wrong in my book.
Aw well, at least tomorrow

Spoiler

Sorry for the essay! I tend to get a bit defensive of fictional Syed!

So not once did he consider what he was doing to Amira? He proposed to Amira in front of Christian (if I remember correctly) and it was clear he was just trying to prove to Christian he was straight and could be the son Zainab always wanted.

I don't consider leading a poor girl on and using her as cover doing the 'right' thing knowing he was never going to make happy. He should've had the backbone to stand up to Zainab on his wedding day and tell Amira the truth before she became 'damaged goods' in her own community.

I still consider him spineless man but gorgeous one at that :tongue: but each to their own.
I think Roxy forgot Amy when she moved in with her mother.
Reply 6343
Heather is disgusting.
I don't understand... they've both been getting it on with Glenda so neither is in a position to hold it over each other :wtf:
Original post by The Stig
I don't understand... they've both been getting it on with Glenda so neither is in a position to hold it over each other :wtf:

Ian doesn't know that Phil and Glenda have been at it
Moody angry Syed... :sexface:
So not once did he consider what he was doing to Amira? He proposed to Amira in front of Christian (if I remember correctly) and it was clear he was just trying to prove to Christian he was straight and could be the son Zainab always wanted.

I don't consider leading a poor girl on and using her as cover doing the 'right' thing knowing he was never going to make happy. He should've had the backbone to stand up to Zainab on his wedding day and tell Amira the truth before she became 'damaged goods' in her own community.

I still consider him spineless man but gorgeous one at that :tongue: but each to their own.

I don't think that's the right thing either. He did stand up to Zainab, he begged her to stop the wedding. I suppose he could have gone out there and told everyone but I guess he was too scared? Understandably, I suppose. I do agree with you about Amira, though tbh, I think he'd convinced himself that he could love her if he tried hard enough and when he married her, he'd be able to 'do the deed' and make her happy and they'd all live happily ever after and he magically wouldn't be gay anymore. I tyhink we're on the same page with regards to Amira but I honestly don't think he's spineless. Some people get paralysed when they're scared and can't think rationally.
I also agree that he is veeery gorgeous! :tongue:

LOL at Tanya!

What's up with Heather!
Reply 6348
Was Tanya doing an impression of the Gap Yah guy?
Go on Syed! You tell Christian how you feel! :biggrin:
Wow Glenda must be heavy. That heart attack looked so fake.

Please someone get Syed a hair cut. He desperately needs it.

Jack annoyed with his "I'm the boss" atttitude and pushing Darren out.

What is wrong with Heather? She wants to be left alone but goes around coughing over everyone.

I like Tanya & Jane's friendship and that phone call to Phil was funny. Jane is far too good for Ian.

Phil is such an idiot but I quite liked him making Ian beg. How does Ian always find him in these situations? Last year, it was Janine and Archie

Another below average episode.
(edited 13 years ago)
Jack really annoyed me today, I felt so sorry for Darren! And Ian, lol he's so stupid!

How does Ian always find him in these situations? Last year, it was Janine and Archie

It's simple: he can't keep his thing in his trousers and be faithful :mmm:
(edited 13 years ago)
I couldn't take the Phill and Ian's Archers scene seriously tonight after Ian said 'I've been a naughty boy'.
AFAIK Heather

Spoiler

Original post by bubba.ok
I couldn't take the Phill and Ian's Archers scene seriously tonight after Ian said 'I've been a very naughty little boy'.

Corrected! :ahee:
Original post by Roobsa
Heather is disgusting.

Original post by Roobsa
Was Tanya doing an impression of the Gap Yah guy?

LOL I thought Tanya's phone voice sounded familiar. Also, Heather has the most idiotic story lines.

Why was Darren getting all psychotic and ripping those flyers up? He hasn't exactly been sacked yet has he :s-smilie:
EE was pure comedy tonight.
Reply 6357
You know when Christian first came to the square, wasn't he a complete prick?
Reply 6358
Lool Ian is such a pussy.
Have I grown less tolerant or has Eastenders crept in too much comedic moments. I couldn't take anyone characters seriously this episode. Heather (why do the good characters die?) Ben (man up) Ian and Phill (well they were both shagging the woman, only matter of time till they cut the third party) Syed (I want a baby, I don't want a baby, I want a baby) and Darren having a 'mid life crisis'? ha.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest