The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mel0n
Wtf, not sure if that deserved the music theme ending :colonhash:

I was just about to write this myself. Today was such an anticlimax, I doubt EE will be winning Soap of the Year next year at any awards if the writers don't sort themselves out.
Original post by Elipsis
That music was bloody stupid. Months of watching Phil sleep around, thinking it's going to be awesome when he gets his comeupance and then all he has is a bit of a lovers tiff. It was so good to see Jane finally go, but I have a feeling she'll be back once she's had her baby. It's getting a little frustrating that EE is letting all its story lines be dictated by women getting up the duff. We never had these problems with Dot Cotton!

Where has Whitney got to? I thought we were going to get to see her get properly sucked into some sort of prostitution ring.

Jane is preggers? Is there something I've missed, I thought she couldn't have kids? :O
Original post by aliphatic
Jane is preggers? Is there something I've missed, I thought she couldn't have kids? :O

I assume they meant in real life - the actress is preggers.
Original post by mandingo666
I assume they meant in real life - the actress is preggers.

Ah thank you, I was very confused for a moment there! I'm not sure in what capacity she will be able to come back though, it's hard to see her in anything other than Ian's lackey or Tanya's friend lately...
Reply 6904
Original post by aliphatic
Ah thank you, I was very confused for a moment there! I'm not sure in what capacity she will be able to come back though, it's hard to see her in anything other than Ian's lackey or Tanya's friend lately...

She has never had a place as an independent character! She is a lousy actress as well. But that hasn't stopped them trying to keep her and trying to write story lines for her for years though, so I reckon she'll come back. Ian needs a horrible wife who tortures him! Although admittedly Janes existence is torture. I've heard the cast all really like her in real life, so I guess that's why she's been kept on past her expiry date.
Reply 6905
Original post by Hooovan*
Oh yeah, good point. She has completely disappeared..the last time we saw her she went off with Rob, the pimp guy. I expect we'll be seeing her back soon. I'm not watching though, bit too disturbing for my liking.

Spoiler

Reply 6906
Who is Rob :colondollar:
Original post by n1r4v
Who is Rob :colondollar:

Lip from Shameless. :smile:

He is some guy she bumped into a while back when Whitney tried to steal someone's wallet. He 'helped' her. When she had the arguments with, well, everyone on the square, she called him and he picked her up. She was last seen in his car, leaving the square. :smile:
Reply 6908
Original post by affinity89
Lip from Shameless. :smile:

He is some guy she bumped into a while back when Whitney tried to steal someone's wallet. He 'helped' her. When she had the arguments with, well, everyone on the square, she called him and he picked her up. She was last seen in his car, leaving the square. :smile:

Ah okay, thanks.
I haven't watched the last two but judging by the activity in this thread something big has happened... :tongue:

I need to catch up.
Are we safe to assume that the chav characters Martina and Shenice whatever their names are have gone or will the kid return? I hope so, didn't like them one bit tbh.

Spoiler

Hardly deserved Julia's theme tbh. Before they brought the current executive producer in I was complaining that they didn't use Julia's theme enough (it was about once a year at most), but Shirley and Phil? :lolwut:
Original post by secretmessages
Hardly deserved Julia's theme tbh. Before they brought the current executive producer in I was complaining that they didn't use Julia's theme enough (it was about once a year at most), but Shirley and Phil? :lolwut:
Agreed.

This ending did not deserve the Julia theme. Its like playing the national anthem, backed by the London orchestra at a nursery football match! what the hell are the producers thinking? the theme should be reserved for 'ending of an era' type moments. Nothing else. They are going to devalue the theme. I admit I've been thinking negatively of Eastenders, but I think I'm happy to be say this episode has proven me right. It just feels like its slightly tilting into a wrong direction, nothing too drastic like Hollyoaks. But if I had to write up a spectrum of bad to good soaps in terms of drama, script, plots and characters it be so:
Hollyoaks > Eastenders > Emmerdale > Coronation Street.

Phil as a character makes me sick. His like the playground bully who no one stands up to and then granted special treatment by other wimpish idiots. Everyone from his son to Ian. His a cheating, lying, ugly, bullish, sloth-like, dirty, criminal, money grabbing, scum bag of a moron who deserved to die of that heart attack. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a good character like this, accept when they have been acting the same since time began and fail to pay the price once and for all. This is why I liked Archie, he was a wicked bastard but justice was served by his death in the long run. With characters like Jannie (WHY is she not in prison?) and Phil they become god-like Mary sue's impervious to any real long term consequences for their awful behavior. Why does Eastenders lack the balls and originality to get rid of him and move on?

Get rid of Phil Mitchel.

p.s are they trying to set up Jay and Ben as the emerging Grant and Phil of the new generation? if so, that will be interesting.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6913
Original post by flowermaster91
omg yes, all the producers and writers should just go :facepalm2: eastenders has just been so ¬________________________¬ for me these past couple of months.

i dont know, i guess we gotta give it time but i want a really big storyline to happen. I refuse to count that ronnie foolishness as a big storyline :naughty:

Btw did you know the actor who plays Ryan (Neil McDermott) cheated on his wife with a 16y/o shortly after the birth of their daughter :mad::mad::mad::mad: :naughty:
Where's the TSR Ian Beale? I would like to know his thoughts on being divorced. Again.
I think the problem with Julia's theme is that it's become less of a use-in-exceptional-circumstances ending as simply one that isn't the dramatic duff-duffs. I think it would be cool if they tried out some different endings once in a while, like yesterday - they could still have the normal theme tune but just a different way of easing into it :smile:
Original post by mel0n
Btw did you know the actor who plays Ryan (Neil McDermott) cheated on his wife with a 16y/o shortly after the birth of their daughter :mad::mad::mad::mad: :naughty:

YES OMG!!! was about to quote you on that

i dont like him anymore now, hes lost my respect :angry: and he cheated on his wife with some butters girl as well :puke:

terrible man, glad the wife got rid :naughty:
Reply 6917
Original post by flowermaster91
YES OMG!!! was about to quote you on that

i dont like him anymore now, hes lost my respect :angry: and he cheated on his wife with some butters girl as well :puke:

terrible man, glad the wife got rid :naughty:

Link to the girl :ninja:
Reply 6919

Latest