The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMasterKey

Also I would if in regards to Ape saying they steal your voice, that it was a silent in Midnight?

Nah, unlikely. Moffat has created the creature from scratch and they keep emphasising it is new. :tongue:

But there's something in the recording and lack of a mouth. We had the Weeping Angels who moved when you closed your eyes, now we have Silents which are supposed to be worse. So maybe they have some sort of perception filter as well as being able to be disguised, like their ship in the Lodger. Maybe they have the power to strike you dumb.

Speculation. :moon:
(edited 13 years ago)
Very creepy. :afraid:

I'm guessing (well it obviously is) that the thing in the suit with the face is the silent but it's quite strange. It looks like a mask, almost like a scream type mask or the mask from The Mask but way more creepy.
I think that the trailer looks like that Moffat is just reusing his old scripts again, but this time with the added bonus of a kid with a really bad american accent. The tape thing, the creepy child, I think it even had the same phone sound as the Empty Child. He did this for the comic relief thing too, basically the same thing as Time Crash except a slightly different setting, also reusing weeping angels. Really starting to dislike this about him.
New promo picture for The Impossible Astronaut:

Spoiler

They're really loving the reflection thing.

Anyone else think there's something in it?
I think it's supposed to imply there's nothing in the suit?
Reply 7166
Seems odd that it's supposed to be a reflection but the words on the TARDIS are the right/wrong way round.
According to SFX, the episode that Neil Gaiman has written is called:

Spoiler

It's also according to Doctor Who Magazine :smile:
Prepare for jizz;

Best viewed at 1080p.
:dice:
What's this?!

Could he be re-visiting a previous iteration's regeneration?

Yeah, that part I'm confused with. Old console room, but only Rory and Amy appear to be there. There's something in the explosion, for sure.
:teeth:

"Fear me: I've killed hundreds of Time Lords."

"Fear me: I've killed all of them."
Awesome trailer, thanks for posting btw. :h:

Other things I've picked up with the help of Digital Spy.

River + Silents + Lodger Tardis?

Doctor screaming no as Amy fires... (could she be shooting him?)

(edited 13 years ago)
She's not shooting The Doctor. She's standing behind him and he looks at her, while she's pointing the gun away from him.
I was just about to post the link.

*dies of excitement*
Original post by LastLordofTime
Yeah, that part I'm confused with. Old console room, but only Rory and Amy appear to be there. There's something in the explosion, for sure.

It looks like a reflection/time bubble (?), look closely at the action within the explosion and Rory's head movement. Perfect synchronisation.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It looks like a reflection/time bubble (?), look closely at the action within the explosion and Rory's head movement. Perfect synchronisation.

Ah, this is true. Explosions tend to not be reflective XD Makes you wonder what it is.

I was speaking to my housemate about it - perhaps the TARDIS never actually gets rid of old console rooms, and merely moves the entrance to the TARDIS somewhere else. So the old, destroyed console room is left behind somewhere else in the TARDIS.
So the deep voice could be Omega or the same voice that said "Silence will fall". Exciting stuff. :holmes:

She's not shooting The Doctor. She's standing behind him and he looks at her, while she's pointing the gun away from him.

Rory? River? Hm, guess there's not much room to speculate on that particular scene.

Spoiler

Ah, this is true. Explosions tend to not be reflective XD Makes you wonder what it is.

I was speaking to my housemate about it - perhaps the TARDIS never actually gets rid of old console rooms, and merely moves the entrance to the TARDIS somewhere else. So the old, destroyed console room is left behind somewhere else in the TARDIS.

Interesting theory.

Another theory could be that the Lodger ship transformed into 10s Tardis. Or since they said it's going to be going timey wimey like never before - they could be inside the Tardis regenerating?
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest